Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The anti tab protected games Tutorial
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: The anti tab protected games Tutorial Reply with quote

Hope it's usefull ...after all i did much research on it. This guide written by me explains how to use CE for anti tab protected games.
First you may wonder :
What does anti tab protected mean?
It means if you minimize it, it will never come up again, it will kill itself. This happens if you use any kind of task switching or click on any other program.
What can be done about it?
Possiblity 1:
There is a program AAT that freezes the game and then brings your cheat-tool (of course we all use CE don't we?) to the front. Once a scan is done you can press another button to switch back to the game and resume it. Because it was frozen during that time it didn't notice it was not in the foreground. Altough being frozen CE can still attach itself to the game (although it may require you to switch to the game unfreeze it and then freeze again in order to make it work). With AAT however there's always the risc the game will crash anywaays or AAT will stop responding making it impossible to unfreeze the game.
Possbility 2:
Xunleashed. With it you can run directx programs in a normal window.
Xunleashed has not been tried by me as it costs 20$ (after all i can still use AAT and CE network version). It should work, if you are unsure weather it works with your game or not look at the message board.
Possiblity 3
Use the CE network version. This of course requires 2 computers and you to switch between them. Also the functions in the network version are limited, but new features are being added.
What do game creators do against those?
-Game guard. : The 4.4 Version of CE can cheat Anti Tab protected games. Therefore you can safely use the network version. AAT will not work with nProtected games but if you execute the game as a normal user and AAT as an administrator it will still work.

Last edited by emperor on Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:51 am; edited 19 times in total
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't tried it out yet, but I do have a question about AAT and CE
When AAT pauses the game. Is it then still possible to attach to the process ? (and use options like find out what *****'s **** this address)
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is, i tried it myself. Very Happy However it seems to need to be unfrozen for a few secs in order to make CE successfully attach itself.
(btw i'll update some info about xunleashed now)
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion, use the network version, that is if you have 2 computers,

Ive tried AAT, its tedious and nerve racking.

My question: Does ctrl-alt-delete provide a solution if CE is working at this time?
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If control alt and del is a solution for anti tab protected games? I'm not sure if that is what you are asking but if that is your question then the answer is: No. (at least not the ones i am talking about)
And yeah like i said...ce network edition is limited. No find what writes to address and stuff. Therefore you cannot use it for everything (unless it gets added?)
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yeah AAT is freaking nerve wrecking... i tried to search a pointer and had to tried a couple of values but it takes forever because AAT always ends up crashing the game, even when i didn't even have the time to try one of the addresses that could be a pointer. If it doesn't crash then AAT sometimes also freezes making it impossible to bring the game up again. But sucks but currently seems to be the only (free) way to search for those pointers...if you are lucky and there is only one possible pointer then good...you're lucky then and have succeeded with AAT.
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant about ctrl-alt-delete is that it automatically "freezes" about every running process, if darkbyte could make it possible for CE to run while this is happening we're in business.
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, there is one more possibility, you could partition your screen to view CE on one half and the game on the other half. Im sure there is a program that does this for you.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to put some of the debugger stuff in the network version.

I've already found a way to run games in windowed mode instead of fullscreen, but it's still kinda buggy, because some things just don't work in windowed mode (not exclusive access to the screen), and when the game checks if it worked or not all hell will break lose. (But at least the dxdiag direct3d test works without a problem)
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you cannot use crtl alt tab to use a program while freezing all others... I think.
Btw about partitioning the screen...interessting maybe you could try it. However most protected games will crash when you click outside of them (this even happens when using xunleashed i've heared but due to some plugins you can change that).
Dark and if you ever need anybody to test what you are experimenting on just tell me.
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the feeling that the people making these games read CE posts to the word?
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, im pretty sure there is some sort of override a program can "have" to avoid detection from Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_brilliance wrote:
Do you get the feeling that the people making these games read CE posts to the word?

Um...I don't think this program is so famous that game creators actually worry about it.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, most games I've encountered with cheat prevention (and work on ce) just use generic anti-cheats.

Code to detect debuggers. (gets rid of ice and tsearch, and also the debugger of ce in version 4.3 and earlier)
global hook to certain api's used to cheat.

Same with alt-tab prevention
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just being twarted at ever turn that annoys me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: