Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with float

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaU
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Need help with float Reply with quote

i am trying to make a trainer for age of empires2:the conquerors. when i try to find out the adresse for gold for example i get 4 float adresses.how do i make a trainer then?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

change all 4 of them to somethign else and then check in the game wich of the 4 is the real one (the 3 others are propably temporary storage)

If the address is always the same then save the table with a .exe extension or go to advanced and click on the save button to go to the trainer maker. there you can make a entry with that address.

If the address does change each time you restart or load a game then you'll need to find the pointer to the address. (check out the pointer tutorial in the tutorial forum or the last step of the tutorial program in ce)
when you have that you can make a trainer with that.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
DaU
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx, what process is the best for trainers?
Yugo_Prowers
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I'm trying to find the pointer now but it changes so when I look for the pointer for wood it says found 0 I saw what DB said on another qustion about this

Quote:
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:42 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is one of those situations where a little assembler knowledge can help.
the value of esi propably gets changed after it got it's value. e.g: after getting the pointer, it increases esi with a value and uses that as the base+4b to get the right address. You'll have to look/step through the assembler code yorself to find out what the calculation is and find it that way.

you could also do some code injection. (e.g make a jump to a empty spot, and write there code that saves the value of esi on a static address for your trainer) But, that'll require even more assembler knowledge.

Oh yes, when scanning for the pointer I recommend changing the array it scans to 0 to 7fffffff. I usually don't recommend the stack to be used for game hacking, but with some newer games programmed in OOP languages the base of the stack often stays the same for a long time.

That's when I tried ArtMoney SE v7.10 and used it's way of finding thes pointers I tried all the steps 1:)find all the pointers for that memory block 2Smile add them all to the list 3Smile Change them all to the address you found 4Smile restart the game 5Smile fillter all the pointers by the value of the cheat (500 wood in this case)

But when I did that it found nothing I did it again and still nothing AOE2 is evil! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yugo_Prowers
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind LOL I found it but it's wierd in float to make the wood 10539 it's the same but the pointer has it set to 1176798208 But I didn't find the pointer by using find what write to this address I used Find what accesses this address
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yugo_Prowers
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I restarted and now the pointers don't work Confused so there fake Sad so I'll have to try again later...
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it was a pointer to a pointer, and you'd need to find that too.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Yugo_Prowers
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm sounds fun... So I have to find out what points to my pointer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: