Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems hacking "Ys Eternal 2"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdragonomega
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Problems hacking "Ys Eternal 2" Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm trying to hack Ys Eternal 2 for the PC. Its an offline game. Well, first I searched for values that I wanted to hack, like HP, MP, EXP, and Gold. After it finished, I went ingame and made those values change. Then I went back to cheat engine and searched for the new value. Well, in the end, I found one specific value for each. Each time I go ingame and change a value, the value also changes on Cheat Engine. So, I thought i was on the right track... I edited the value in cheat engine and froze it. When I went ingame, nothing happened though. My HP stayed the same and I could still be hurt. My gold stayed teh same and it could still be lost or gained. The only thing that I managed to change was the HP bar. It basically seems to move back and forth from my frozen value and the value that I actually have. Sorta like, I freeze the value at 20 but my actual life is at 10, so I bar movies from 10 to 20 then 20 to 10. For some reason, I can't get the values to change. Any thoughts?

Last edited by bdragonomega on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hacking not working correctly "Ys Eternal 2" Reply with quote

bdragonomega wrote:
Any thoughts?

Usually you have all the values in memory twice. One time they are used just for the graphic display on the screen. The other time they are the real values used by the Game. You just found the first ones for the graphic display which are useless, you need to find the other ones. Though the actual values might have some other ValueType or they might even be encoded somehow, thats why you didn't find them. Try searching other ValueTypes if you haven't already. If you can't find anything try to find how the values for the display got there (they need to be read from the real values and then converted for the display).
bdragonomega
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, how do you find it if its encoded?

When I search for different value types, I don't get any useful results if any.

I used the option to find out what accesses the address I found for gold. Then I went ingame and killed something to get more gold. Then I went back and checked cheat engine. I get 3 copy memory addresses and a compare two operands. When I use the memory viewer to edit the eax of the compare two operands address, the gold doesn't seem to change. Ingame, when I am supposed to get more gold, nothing actually happens. When I checked the original address I found for gold in cheat engine, it shows me the eax value I stuck in. After I toggle breakpoint at the compare two operands address, the values return to normal. The ingame value changes to a new amount from the monsters I killed before.

Any help?

Thanks
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdragonomega wrote:
When I search for different value types, I don't get any useful results if any.

Hmm, your last try might be to do unknown initial search, then do changed & lots of unchanged search until you get down to only a couple of addresses to try them all manually.

If you want to check how the value for the graphic display got there, do a "find out what writes to this address". Hopefully you only get one assembler instruction. From there read back through the asm code to see where the value written initially comes from. This can be pretty hard and might be splitted over several calls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: