Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

500+ posts!!!! (And Cheat Engine 4.3 released)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: 500+ posts!!!! (And Cheat Engine 4.3 released) Reply with quote

The board finally got more than 500 posts!

Oh yes, I also released Cheat Engine 4.3
Some bugfixes and some additions have been made.

Please, report as many bugs as you can.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Some aimbot stuff: Reply with quote

I don't know if this works or not but I have a aimfile for the demo of unreal tournament 2004.
copy the .cta files to the location you installed Cheat Engine, and place the .ctx wherever you want.

This file only contains the targets for red and blue teams, (and I think some are aimed too high)
http://members.chello.nl/~p.heijen/Cheat%20Engine/ut2k4daim.rar

This aimfile was made with a Geforce 4 4800 SE (128 MB) with a 32-bit depth and a mouse sensitivity in the options set to 1.00 and no mouse smoothing.

Edit: another hint for aimfiles: Try to lock only a few textures because loading will become a lot slower if you add more. (e.g: takes till the end of the game to load, See if there is a way to force everyone the same skin)

Edit2: Just so you know: This aimbot ísn't and will never be as good as aimbots that are made specificly for a certain game. This aimbot is based on what the game tells the display, and most games wont draw what is behind you.
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are some new lines to translate...will there be anything to translate those lines...?
And btw...that directx mess...when selected an exe with japanese character in the folder name (this might be the same for other characters as well) it give the following error:
Create failure
Cheat engine failed to create process. (Error=123)

Well not a too serious problem but...well just thought I'd point it out.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll soon receive some updated files.
Right now I'm still busy converting some of the strings inside the program (like error messages and stuff) to resourcestrings so you'll be able to edit with etm. (I'll propably wont do every single string, but the most important ones will be changed into resources, like the question if you want to save etc...)

About folders with chinese characters in it: I usually see that as a corrupted file system...

123 means ERROR_INVALID_NAME, and is propably caused by the fact that I didn't think about unicode characters when opening files.
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right ...with the correct region code it launches correctly...so unicode is not a necessarity as region codes can be easily changed in 2000/xp and older windows version don't have support for unicode characters anyways so it cannot occur with them.
Alright then sorry about having done yet another useless post...

edit: good that you don't mind the posts but I won't spam here anyways so I edit my post...
Here to all people who might have encountered the problem and do not want to change their regional settings: download the program "applocate" from microsoft. It allows you to chose the region settings you want to use for a program, start CE with it.

Last edited by emperor on Wed May 19, 2004 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind useless posts, at least it fills up the board.
besides, you're 7 posts away from a next title. (Highest title is at 5000 posts)
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems 4.3 is filled with bugs.
Prevent debugger detection is broken. (propably since 4.1)
There's a unacceptable memory leak in the directx-mess stuff (Never releases any texture, even if you don't use the texture stuff)
several usability bugs. (error after scanning, value edit key changed to scan, etc...)

I gues I'll have to speed up next version.
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...things like that happen beacuse you speed it up too much? Lol. There is no reason for hurry. Even with some bugs (yeah i even sometimes get some unexpected error messages when scanning but...i don't care, i can always restart CE and try anew. And it only happens RARELY so who cares?) CE is great.
Sorry to ask..but what's the hurry? Do you have a goal? Creating the greatest cheat program in the world? To my mind you have already surpassed ArtMoney so...I don't know of any programs that are even closely as good as CE. Don't hurry take your time, it's not good to put stress on you and too much hurry will result in bugs (and even break old functions...lol).
I always feel sorry for you cuz you work too much...and I can't even help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: