Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know a good test sample I can practice on?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueboy90780
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Anyone know a good test sample I can practice on? Reply with quote

I'm just a beginner at Cheat engine and only got up to knowing the basics of memory viewer, debugging, assembly codes and pointers - all of which I've only reached the first stage.

I would like someone to suggest me some games that I could practice cheat engine on - games that aren't too difficult to hack and noob-friendly. I also have some criteria when it comes to choosing games:

1) The game should not be 500MB or over
2) The game should support windowed mode
3) The game should be re sizable

Thank you in advance Smile
Kavvman
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

500mb games are mostly weird unity games or indie games with shitty engines, a real pain to train in most cases.

I suggest GTA series games, they're the easiest to hack (all before gta iv) and you can learn a lot.

blueboy90780
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think not, there is a reason why I chose games less then 500MB, it's because it takes less to download and I'm taking in several games so I don't wanna take in large games.

Also, as an expert, you should know that large games such as GTA holds too many registry values for me to handle, I mean a small 10MB game can already hold up to 10's of millions registry, and you expect me to hack G2A as a beginner level? This would lag me greatly

Also, I think games you are talking about are fun in their own ways, they aren't weird, they are great.
Kavvman
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registry entries have nothing to do with gamehacking. A game can have billions of registry entry but hackable in a minute.

Anyway, i don't know any good 500mb games...maybe enter the gungeon

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallout 1 and 2 are 600MB, but I doubt they support resizing (I think windowed mode does work)

heroes of might and magic 3 and 4 should also work.

Perhaps civilization 2 or 3

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can practice on any NES or SNES rom. For NES, I recommend fceux and for SNES, I recommend snesgt.

Working with these may be a bit different than traditional PC games, but they're really quite easy once you figure out how to set up your filters.

Working with roms will meet all of your criteria and will require less than 10MB worth of space for a few games.
grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Age of Empires (1,2,3) and Red Alert / Command & Conquer series Smile (first ones are also small)

They especially help you think in code injection situations about "is this 'the player' or AI?" and easy to do there.
Foxyz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: I disagree Reply with quote

Kavvman wrote:
500mb games are mostly weird unity games or indie games with shitty engines, a real pain to train in most cases.

I suggest GTA series games, they're the easiest to hack (all before gta iv) and you can learn a lot.

Aren't Minecraft and Terraria 500MB games? Minecraft Windows 10 Edition was 50MB in 2016 when you posted that. Both are very hackable games via Cheat Engine.
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is 8 years old. Please be mindful of post dates before bumping extremely old/dead topics.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: