Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to hack an online game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Trying to hack an online game Reply with quote

So I first tried a cool one, but everytime I tried to modify any value, or freeze it, the game was unable to contact the server. So I decided to try the simplest online game I could find.
I found one, you can finish the story in like 30 minutes or less, and almost has no content, but it's fun.

So I finally located the health value (unkown value, until now, it's 80 xD) BUT I can't change it, it's like the game ignores the values I set and returns back to it's normal value whenever something hits me or I drink potions.

So I tried finding out what writes to it, and changing the code from

Code:
mov [rax+r14*8-01],r8

to

Code:
mov [rax+r14*8-01],80

because 80 is the maximum HP. I thought that would set my HP=80 everytime something hit me, BUT instead, the same first line of code was rewritten but in a different adress.

What do you think this could be, and what could I do?

Meanwhile, I keep trying.

Edit: When I say changing I mean injecting code. What would the correct way of saying it be?

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the value is getting reset then it's the wrong one. There must be another value somewhere.
Right click and see what's writing to it then look where the written value came from.
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
If the value is getting reset then it's the wrong one. There must be another value somewhere.
Right click and see what's writing to it then look where the written value came from.

Okay, thx. I'll do it after class.

Have a nice day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: