Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Need Help]Finding Address through code.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tottiy
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: [Need Help]Finding Address through code. Reply with quote

I have a code in the code-list which I found its unique AOB this code accesses my wanted addresses.

how do I make it so those addresses accessed by this code appear on the cheat table automatically?

Thanks for reading this post Hitler!!

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well manually you can find the code, right click the instruction, and choose "Find what addresses this instruction accesses", select all the addresses it finds after you play the game a bit (if ctrl+a doesn't work select the first, hold shift and select the last) then you can add all selected addresses to the table.

Automatically... I suppose you could write a lua script that set a breakpoint and automatically adds a record for each address. Something like this save it as a cheat table and open the x86 tutorial on step 9, activate the script and click the buttons to attack each person and you'll see them get added to the address list. When the addresses change (click restart), you'll get the new addresses added. Note that the old ones don't get deleted since I'm not sure of a good way to check if they're still in use other than just setting a breakpoint on them and removing them after x seconds of no breaks... but they won't be saved if you save the table (just a boolean when creating the memory record) since most of the time they won't be static addresses anyways.

No idea how to access the code list from lua so I just used a local variable holding the aob string.
tottiy
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:

Thank you for the code!

How do I make it work in my case it gives me >> Plugin Address<< that is is not my desired address. I changed the AOB.

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Plugin Address" is just the default description/name for a memory record created this way, you can add a line like
Code:
mr.Description= '...'
in the same place the address is set (line 41 of the ct) to change it to any string you like, but since there wasn't any way to "know" what each address is in the code I just left it as the default. Of course you can also edit them manually once they've been created.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: