Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux(ubuntu) wine setup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Linux(ubuntu) wine setup? Reply with quote

So, I've installed a game in wine "NWN2" and cheat engine, it all installed fine. Now, I first launch NWN2 and then cheat engine, then I hook it up to the NWN2 process. Everything works, even the debugger apart from the speedhack. It gives an error saying that "dll injection failed symbol lookup error".

I googled around and found some solution to importing forcedinject.dll, but that didn't work, it gave an error saying "the plugin dll could not be loaded (126)".

Anyone got any ideas? Maybe I'm supposed to have installed some library for wine that I don't know about?

Thanks.
Piereinut
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with you now. I do not know how to fix it. Hopefully someone will answer the solution.
mistressnecro
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Using Cheat Engine speedhack in linux via wine Reply with quote

I've done some serious digging and found the best solutions for this rather niche problem that I also sought a solution to:

For cheat engine's speedhack in particular, the only way to get it working under wine on linux (Testing environment: Debian stretch, wine v3.0.2 and older) that I have found is to use v5.4 (the game or application also has to be running under wine). Speed hacking in general is undoubtedly difficult and the method employed changes constantly with the development of cheat engine. Any version of cheat engine newer than 5.4 simply doesn't work (currently newest version is 6.8.1). The speedhack isn't flawless, but use of this older version is the only method I found that works. Tracking down a copy of v5.4 is difficult, but (as of posting this) not impossible.

Native speed hacking in linux is possible using an LD_PRELOAD style hack, such as the very useful 'libfaketime', but it's not possible to dynamically alter the speed after starting the program this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: