Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help please] Are gamemaker games protected against Scripts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
overzero6
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: [Help please] Are gamemaker games protected against Scripts? Reply with quote

So I have been playing these two game maker games recently (Dungeon Souls and Deadbolt) and I have hacked multiple things and the values were all Double type but when ever i try to make a script, it fails.

Basically here's what i am doing.
1) find the ammo value (which is Double and its address changes if i switch my weapon or leave the level)
2) right click on it and press "what writes to this address" and i shoot one bullet and then 2 things show up in the debugger which are
00509EB1 - 89 1F - mov [edi],ebx
00509F03 - DD 1F - fstp qword ptr [edi]

The first is the address ofc BUT the 89 1F mov [edi],ebx AND DD 1F fstp qword ptr [edi] ARE present in ALL games of gamemaker that i have played so far and i can't make a script at all. I found a youtube video where a pretty cool dude teaches you how to deal with ftsp(Cheat The Game) but it didn't work, it just crashed the game. I have also tried to make a pointer for the games but it never succeeded. I would
1) get address of ammo and click "search for pointer"
2) after it finishes and it gives 6000+ results I would close the game and I would get the new address and click "rescan memory - removes pointers that don't lead to address" until i get like 21 pointers and NONE of them works after i restart the game.

So what's up with that? Gamemaker games are so annoying to make pointers/scripts for? I know some people who probably can do it.

BTW I know I can just keep searching for the ammo address everytime i change the gun or load a level but I want to learn how to do overcome this because i wanna learn how to make a script work when I see something like this, not just cheat.

Ca2ture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.43 KB
 Viewed:  4932 Time(s)

Ca2ture.JPG

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.58 KB
 Viewed:  4932 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen this yet you may want to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJFSOPGZyQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: