Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Text Based Game Alerts (Not Hacking)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinner4Dinner
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Text Based Game Alerts (Not Hacking) Reply with quote

First I want to state that I understand everything is server sided and I can't hack it (easily).

On (RIP I CANT POST URLS) I'd like to make a program that basically listens for event updates (i believe that's what it's called). Upon these events it will play a sound or preform an action, like when my timer is over on an action (Ex. Small Crimes) it plays a sound, or when my name is mentioned in chat it plays a separate sound.

My questions are:
- Is it possible?
- Is there a program/chrome extention that already does this?
- If not what kind of code should I use? Or what program should I heavily modify for this purpose?

Also, do the buttons have to be physically clicked/clicked by a bot, or can a program just enable them?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- probably

- google? without even a name it's hard to say (and I don't play online/server-sided games so I wouldn't know anyway), I'm sure there are some that do this for some programs not sure about the one you care about. CE is a generic program that helps the user to manage this on their own (if they have some knowledge and skill)

- Most likely the game doesn't have an API that will let you register a function to call on various events so you'll need to figure out your own way to detect the event and do something based on that. CE makes it fairly easy to use a lua timer to repeatedly check an address (eg health) and compare the value ( < 10 for example) and then do something (eg. playSound, or if you can figure out how call the function which makes you drink a health potion or click somewhere on the screen etc.) though you could also just hook a function that uses the value and do something there.

- clicking: depends on how it was designed, what the code/program you use allows, and your skills with it.

One thing to note is whether it's an HTML5 game where you can open the browser's dev console and write JavaScript to read/compare the values in the HTML and click on things... if so that'd probably be by far the easiest route (assuming you know or are willing to learn a bit about HTML and manipulating it with JavaScript).
Sinner4Dinner
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is gangsternation.net (Hopefully I can send urls now)

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I have been trying to find information about this for ages on google but they're all related to people trying to "hack" them and getting trolled for thinking it's not server sided.

I'm willing to learn, I actually enjoy learning and figuring out this kind of stuff.

What is CE?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, looks like a browser based game, I don't see anything obvious when doing a few google searches so my two suggestions here would be playing with some JavaScript, several sites have interactive lessons now days like https://www.codecademy.com/courses/html-javascript-css/0/1 and https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/html-css-js (though years ago I remember thinking https://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/ was incredible because you could try it out without writing it in notepad yourself lmao)

or playing with autoit (or the similar auto hotkey) and find some tutorials about using them for making bots - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE5zJanYiUw here's one I remember watching once upon a time (I never did much with it myself but)

CE = Cheat Engine. The way JavaScript works seems to prevent CE from being a very practical way to work with it unfortunately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: