Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value keeps changing ingame (Elex) even when locked in CE.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pen-island
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Value keeps changing ingame (Elex) even when locked in CE. Reply with quote

Hey guys,
the goal is to increase the number of arrows my character owns for his bow. So I search for the addresses as usual (shooting arrows, filtering, shooting arrows, filtering,..) and CE finds four addresses always holding the exact values of the arrow count. No no matter if I lock them or change them, the game doesnt care. I cannot modify the number of arrows ingame. Please someone give me some advice, I am totally at my witts end Sad
MulleDK19
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of reasons this can happen.
If you search for 4-bytes, it could be the actual value is a single byte, and you've only found an intermediate variable.

It could also be that it's not aligned. Try turning off Fast Scan.

It could also be that it's stored as a float and the variable you've found is a conversion to an integer.

It could also be that the number of arrows aren't stored verbatim. Could be that it's how many arrows you've used, and not how many you have. So if you can have 10 arrows, and you have 8 left, the value you'd be looking for is 2.

Could also be that there is no variable at all, and it's an array with an empty element as terminator, and the game gets the number of arrows by counting the elements in the array.

Not saying it's necessarily any of the above, but they aren't limited to doing things a certain way.
howlong100
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MulleDK19 wrote:
It could also be that it's stored as a float and the variable you've found is a conversion to an integer.

Just wondering, but how would you resolve this situation?
MulleDK19
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howlong100 wrote:
MulleDK19 wrote:

Just wondering, but how would you resolve this situation?

Search for float.
Bordy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Value keeps changing ingame (Elex) even when locked in C Reply with quote

pen-island wrote:
Hey guys,
the goal is to increase the number of arrows my character owns for his bow. So I search for the addresses as usual (shooting arrows, filtering, shooting arrows, filtering,..) and CE finds four addresses always holding the exact values of the arrow count. No no matter if I lock them or change them, the game doesnt care. I cannot modify the number of arrows ingame. Please someone give me some advice, I am totally at my witts end Sad

+1 arrow in bow
ninjatech
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Value keeps changing ingame (Elex) even when locked in C Reply with quote

Bordy wrote:
pen-island wrote:
Hey guys,

+1 arrow in bow

This person is correct. You just weren't counting the nocked arrow. This applies to all all ammo - make sure to count the rounds in the chamber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: