Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to think of a way to find these values.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NullExceptionError
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Unable to think of a way to find these values. Reply with quote

Hello all!

I've been doing this for quite some time, so I hope that you all can provide me some new ideas or approaches to solving this, as I usually can solve these types myself. I do reverse engineering of mini games in single-player games.

Some of my prior works include creating a bot that directly reads from member to play a standalone bejewled clone, and this was created in C++. I have a new game now, and it's very simple. The game flashes an arrows and you must press them, in the order they are flashed; (similar to guitar hero). However, I can't seem to find the array that would contain these arrows for comparison. (It should be noted that the game separates these into rounds)

What I have tried:
- Searching for an unknown value, based off of if it changed or not.
- Opening up the process in Immunity Debugger, however, because this process has anywhere between 13-15 threads at any given point, I can't find where the read/write is.

I was hoping you all could throw some ideas at me or tell me how you would solve my issue.

Many thanks!
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered something similar in another game. The big breakthrough came from using ultimap and simply checking the functions one at a time until I found the one that worked. ultimap can find 50+ functions after properly being narrowed down so it is really a brute force approach for last resorts. However, once you have narrowed it down to a manageable number of functions, you just need to insert breakpoints on the best memory accesses in the functions, and see which ones give you what you are looking for (for example, you want to find the arrow, it is likely an image that is displayed, so you may be able to find the image being passed to a function and go from there).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: