Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do some work & some dont & why do some used to d

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiwiSpyGirl
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Why do some work & some dont & why do some used to d Reply with quote

Heya Everyone,

I have a question to ask, you may think it is amateur AF but I will ask Anyway.

How come some specific games can only be “Hacked” at certain times and sometimes only at the beginning of the game and then maybe after an update it can’t be hacked anymore.

I will give an Example

Rollercoaster Tycoon World – It has been discussed in this forum link here – http :// forum. cheatengine. org/viewtopic.php?p=5731681&sid=7e30c8a5bb39d1dc68973087ac662069

Basically, in the first version the YouTube video youtube(dot)com/watch?v=S03wxhuzVTg These instructions worked back then when i played around but after the update it didn’t. What would have changed to stop it working?

One person suggested the following…
Quote:
1. Instead of searching for EXACT AMOUNT / 4 BYTES you need to search for EXACT AMOUNT / ALL
2. You will get 2 or 3 that are 4 bytes and 1 or two that is float.
3. Once you have all of them, you need to move them down to the bottom like he shows you, place an X is every box,
4. Highlight all of them and change the value to 2000000000 (2 Billion) then hit apply.
5. Next go into the game and place a path then delete the path right away and SAVE GAME.
6. When you reload the game, you will have over 2 billion. THIS WORKS ON A NEW GAME ONLY!!!!!!

I have tried this and it does not seem to work, I have tried after step 5, quitting the game completely and going back to the main menu but it does not work.

Additionally, why does changing these values only work on a “new game” Why can’t I go into any game and change the value if it can be found? I could do a cheat at the beginning but realized I did not give myself enough Gill so I am trying for more?

Also, when there are bug fixes/updates to games, do they really fix this type of exploit or is it just a byproduct of a new patch?

Thanks and Regards,
Rayna

OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiSpyGirl wrote:
How come some specific games can only be “Hacked” at certain times and sometimes only at the beginning of the game and then maybe after an update it can’t be hacked anymore.

if you are referring to assembly scripts, then yes bytes change after almost any update / compilation of an executable.

Quote:
Basically, in the first version the YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S03wxhuzVTg These instructions worked back then when i played around but after the update it didn’t. What would have changed to stop it working?

its possible they changed the value type from 4 byte to another data type, but doesnt means the game is no more hackable.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
KiwiSpyGirl
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, would it be another data type that you can find in cheat engine, I tried the "any" search.

Also, how about later in the game lets day 30 mins of game play, how come some work only in the beginning but not 30 mins later?

KiwiSpyGirl
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also add, this game, crashes constantly for now reason.
KiwiSpyGirl
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to update -
OldCheatEngineUser made a script for me for this game that gives you $92 Billion plus. If need it, let me know and I can share it with you.

In this part of the game, it did not look as it was not as simple to find. Just want to learn now how to find when variables/value/codes are not as obvious.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: