Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neverwinter nights 1 finding coordinates and teleport.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pippunk
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Neverwinter nights 1 finding coordinates and teleport. Reply with quote

Hello there. As the title say, i'm playing on an online server on nwn 1 , yes the old one, i still love it. Anyway i find boring that there is no teleport system between the game areas and it can take a lot of time when you have to go to a specific zone, which happens all the time especially when you reach higher levels, and it breaks the game imho.
So i'm asking if somebody tried to search for coordinates inside this game, if it's possible to store them in memory and teleport to a location you saved before. And of course if you know how to search for coordinates and willing to explain. I'm a little newbie to CE. If you know about any valid tutorial, video or written ones, or you want to explain me how i'll be grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

EDIT i found a table for coordinates but as i thought this game is multi area and coordinates just work for every single area in the game, which means that i can only teleport in the same area i'm at the moment. So i tried to scan uknown values to find the value for the area i'm currently in, even going back to the main menu and in game again (dunno if this messed everything up but i was stuck at 700 values and couldn't go low), took me something like an hour to find 3 values. I changed those and nothing happened, but when in game i tried to change area normally the loading stuck. So i got back in game with another character keeping the same values in CE but now i notice these values just don't change anymore when i switch area in game, so they must not be the correct ones anymore. I've probably done something wrong in the whole process. Anyone willing to help me out? Need to find a way to find the correct value corresponding to the area i'm currently in. Thanks.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finding coords in 3D games is easy, just find your z coord (height) by going on high surface and hitting increased value and then go to somewhere lower and hit decreased value.
of course you gonna choose float data type and your first scan will be unknown initial value, once you found z coord you will find y & x too.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
pippunk
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
finding coords in 3D games is easy, just find your z coord (height) by going on high surface and hitting increased value and then go to somewhere lower and hit decreased value.
of course you gonna choose float data type and your first scan will be unknown initial value, once you found z coord you will find y & x too.

Thank you very much for your reply. Coordinates are not the problem anymore. As you said, finding them is pretty easy, but nwn is not an open world game but it's divided in many micro areas, coordinates refer to the area you are currently in. So i need to find the values for the area. Here is the problem. I think i found them moving between areas and then doing uknown scan many times,took me hours, but first of all i dunno how to use those values, changing them did nothing but a stuck loading page when i changed the area normally, it didn't teleport me anywere, and anyway i think i need to find the pointers or something like that cause when i restarted the game the values didn't change anymore when i switched area. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: