Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get called asm function that was not called before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scorni
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Get called asm function that was not called before Reply with quote

Hello guys,

i have got a problem that keeps me from finishing my online game "hack".
The dll ist written in c++ and already works.
The program reads from the pointer that points on the Object ID of the players target and then runs a few lines of asm-code that pushes the object id as the parameter and calls the "SendAttack" function... the typical procedure of creating a gamehack... :>

Nevertheless i get some random kicks in the game, which are not caused by flooding "SendAttack-functions". If i set the timer to 1 second, sometimes i get a kick after the first function call. Sometimes i can call the function hundrets of times without a kick. So this happens really random.

I really dont know why this happens and how i can prevent this phenomenon.

I guess, that there is a function that checks for irregular function calls from dlls or something like that!? But on the other hand, i can call every other function as often as i want and i will not receive a kick. Its only happens at this specific "sendattack" function.

So maybe you have an idea how i can find with cheatengine what is causing the kick? I tought of a function like:

1. Make a list of all called functions within a timeframe
2. Make a list of all called function in a timeframe where i receive a kick caused by my hack
3. Show all functions that are in list two but not in list one

Would that be a effective way to find a possible solution? And how can this be done?
I appreciate all of your ideas and thoughts Smile

(Sorry for my moderate english, its my 3rd language )
Embarassed
So long,
Arthur aka scorni
atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there is other bits in the 'SendAttack' function that need to be handled such as a param that is sent to the function has to have a sub-param set within its own data.

Think of it like:

Code:
class Entity
{
    unsigned int m_Id;
    char* m_Name;
    float m_Health;
    float m_Mana;
    unsigned int m_TargetId;
};

In this case, lets say SendAttack is called by passing it an entity object as the owner:

Code:
SendAttack(playerEntity);
// Where playerEntity is an instance of Entity.

That said, SendAttack checks and uses the playerEntity's class variable 'm_TargetId' to know which target to attack. If this is not set properly, the game may kick you for an invalid attack attempt.

Just one way that I have seen this in my experiences.

scorni
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your fast answer! Smile

I double checked the asm calls and can't find anything that needs more than just the ID of the target :/

If i attack the enemy ingame and check the asm code step by step i can see, that three parameters are pushed which are
1. 0x4EAC
2. ptr ds[ register ] which seems to alwys be 0.
3. Target ID

So i just push 4eax and 0 as constants and the target id which was read from the memory.

On every other server/client of this game this method just works really finde and i NEVER get a disconnect.

So there has to be a function that somehow checks for correct calls. Or maybe a function that checks if the character is sending attack calls without attacking the enemy!?

I am so cluesless... I wrote so many dlls and function calls for this game, but never for this one special server. It really freaks me out that i cant find the solution since serveral weeks :/
scorni
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo i guess i found the solution... If i create a dll with constant asm parameters it already works. I just have to do some more reverse engineering to get all pointers.

I was trying to call a function that looks similar to this
Quote:
SendAttackPacket(uSkill, dwVIDVictim);

It seems like that the function, that is calling the sendattackpacket has a check routine or something like this, so in future i will call the function that is one step over the sendattackpacket.
Its the simple function
Code:
 OnHit(UINT uSkill, CActorInstance& rkActorVictim, BOOL isSendPacket)

which just needs a pointer to the object that i want to attack Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: