Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generating Desired Item in Game with Unique Items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cherub_Enjel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Generating Desired Item in Game with Unique Items Reply with quote

I have a game with an inventory system where each item, even identical ones, are unique items. There are multiple "bags", each able to hold a bunch of items.

I want to be able to generate a specific item, which is very rare, and not available in the game shop. This item cannot be equipped by a character. It is rather enhances equipment, and enhanced equipment can be destroyed to remove and retrieve the enhancement.

One of this item is immediately accessible when you start a new game, but the option to get that new game obviously goes away when you use it.

I have tried (1) To find item codes by taking items from one "bag" to the other, and seeing what changes w/ initial unknown value - the codes I get from this don't seem relevant, as changing them doesn't change anything. (2) Tried to equip and unequip item, to see what addresses write into the equipment slots, so can copy enhanced weapons and destroy them for the enhancement. However, discovered that enhanced and unenhanced equipment that are otherwise identical result in no change in values when switching around.

I'm a beginner at CE - know how to change values and stuff, which has always been enough for what I did before.

Any ideas?

*This is a flash game.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might not be helpful, its possible to do such things using CE.

but why would you do it this way when you have a better way?

just extract the shockwave flash file and decompile it using flash decompiler, and do whatever edit you like.

note that not all decompilers allow modifying the main code or action scripts, but there is some that allow you to do such things.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Cherub_Enjel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks OCEU! I downloaded a flash decompiler and was able to edit everything I wanted to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: