Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointerscan wont scan for the address I tell it to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdreanKael
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Pointerscan wont scan for the address I tell it to. Reply with quote

I've created 4 pointers so far for ToS.exe. Acc, Def, Luck, and int. All of them work perfectly. However, when trying to create a pointer for str something odd happens. I locked down the value to 244DD102 and when I change it it updates perfectly. However, when I do a pointer scan for 244DD102 (the address of the value I need to create the pointer for) the scan returns values that point to 244DD100 and when I rescan for the updated address of 244CD102 after I restart the game I get 0 returns.

I've tried changing every option, even in advanced options and even using default search options 2047 max offset value with Max level 5.

The value for 244DD100 is not the pointer I need and even when I manually type in 244DD102 into the pointer scan it returns pointers to 244DD100.

How can I fix this? No matter what I do it will not return values that point to 244DD102. I can change it to search for 244DD104 and it returns values that point to 244DD104 just fine and I created pointers that work perfectly for that value, but I can't seem to get it to return anything that points to 244DD102.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdreanKael wrote:
when I rescan for the updated address of 244CD102 after I restart the game I get 0 returns.

make sure to find the correct address after restarting the game, since addresses get change every time you restart your pc or the program.

i dont believe the 2 byte alignment is the problem, since i had pointers for 1 byte alignment and 2 byte alignment.

also try it the other way, instead of rescanning to find the new address after a restart try to rescan the list to find the value you want and make sure its 4 byte.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disable compressed pointers or disable the option that pointers have to be aligned

alternatively, just adjust the offset by 2 yourself

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
AdreanKael
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
disable compressed pointers or disable the option that pointers have to be aligned

alternatively, just adjust the offset by 2 yourself

I honestly have no idea how to do that

As for scanning to make sure the values are correct I did. I can change the value and it changes the strength. They wont show up properly in 4 byte though.

His strength is 53 but in 4 byte the number is 13369874 but in two byte the number is 530. You will find one that reads 53 by searching for it but that number changes back every time you change it even if you freeze it and changing it has no effect in battle which means it's a display value only. But if you search for a variable that is 1 digit more then the value you're looking for, in this case 530 you can find a value that will permanently alter his strength, recalculate the attack values and is persistent once the game updates his stats (enter combat, heal yourself or a party member or take dmg etc.) That extra digit can range from 0 to 9 so I search for a range from 529 to 540 and narrow it down from there. Once I find it I alter the number, heal the character and it updates correctly and the effects are persistent and present in battle.

So I have the right number I guess, but I honestly cannot get cheat engine to pointer scan for 244DD102, even right clicking that address and doing a pointer scan from there it always returns values that point to 244dd100. Any other stat i can make a pointer to. Take Def for example it's at 244DD104 or 244*D104 I can pointer scan for those and they return the right address but not strength because it wont scan for 244DD102 or 244CD102 or 244ED102 it always returns 244*D100.

If I find a way to change the offset myself will that allow me to do a pointer scan for anything that deals with 244DD102?
pengi
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure to adjust the offset all you'd need to do is 244DD100+02
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: