Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I find func/val that I don't know when it calling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srin
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: How can I find func/val that I don't know when it calling? Reply with quote

Hello guys.
First of all, I'm Korean so my country is not English speaking country so if what I said was something weird or rude, It is not I intended.

The game 'Tekken 7' stores save file in local drive.
not just customization, but also ranked match results.
and 'Disconnect Sanctions(will suspect user's nickname color changing to yellow color and more things)' too.
so some people backup their save file and doing disconnect the game during ranked match game, and restore that save file.

sample ranked matching youtube (not me) :
www youtube com/watch?v=RWKvOkM6Q1M
(I can't post url yet.)

What I want to do is this :
1. Get opponent's steamID (not nickname)
2. Alarm to me if opponent's steamID is registered some filter list what I made

my applications object is warn to me if opponent does disconnect while playing ranked match before.

I can get opponent's steamID with pointerscan result,
but this result is not good because the value what I found is not always matching opponent's real steamID sometimes.
it shows different user's steamID.

this is my application. see 2:02 :
www youtube com/watch?v=FnDmwhVvbuw
(I can't post url yet.)

the nickname showing console window is using steam API.
input is steamID, output is nickname. (not exactly explaining that API, but not necessary in here)

when I scan the nickname when tekken 7 founds an opponent, and observes that values, it is not always having correct opponent's nickname.
and value addresses are so many, and changing address always.
I think nickname value is not global value. nickname value address is always changing. so I cannot use 'Find out what writes to this address'.

so I want to find function who write or stores string value of opponent's nickname on screen is.
I guess if I can found that function, it has steamID also.
but how can I find that function? I don't know when this function is calling.

Thank you for reading my topic.
Fimo
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same issue.
You last adress (143...) shows the name of your opponent in 80-90% of the case, not 100%
So either that adress 143... is not good OR there is a second one ?

PS: now it's harder because T7 doesnt show that nickname anymore. It was easier when you made your test when T7 was showing that name. But one thing is sure, the name at adress 143... is not the one of the window, look at you video at 2mn09, the T7 winodws show "?!*" and your 143 adress shows "DRA THE BEAT"

PS to the MOD/OP: that's not for cheating online, that's only a way to decline some matches with some unwanted people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: