Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

total warhammer help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theFedExman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: total warhammer help Reply with quote

Hey folks,

since the console line has been removed from these games for a long time, I'm wondering if it's possible to duplicate a specific unit in an army in total war: warhammer using cheatengine (this request is for single player only)

I only really have a passing knowledge of cheatengine, IE using it to increase money in a campaign or give unlimited ammo in any given FPS, so any help you might have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Prehistoricman
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a Mono or .NET game? Those are very easy to disassemble and view the function of subroutines. I recommend ILspy for this.

Otherwise, it can be very hard to find the code that will create a unit and set its properties and all that.

Ultimap can get you somewhere in the quest to find subroutines. Unfortunately, you have to find them blind by narrowing down a huge list. Then you need to see what calls the subroutine and how values are passed in.

And if you find all of that, then you're basically done. Create an AA to allocate some memory, then code your calls and variable manipulation. Then create a new thread on the beginning of your allocated memory.

theFedExman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply man

unfortunately for me, I know absolutely nothing about code disassembly, let alone how to do it in cheatengine

but I think your reply answered my question pretty well, insofar as that it's not going to be easy and this means I'm giving up my quest

but again, thank you for the thorough reply! it is greatly appreciated
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this table
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=15

It's pretty simple. Just do an exact value search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: