Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gladiator Heroes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ngc27
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Gladiator Heroes Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I tried editing Gladiator Heroes with cheat engine and succeeded editing gems, resources, xp & item xp.

What I can't edit, is the user ranking (only mine) and character's data (attack, defense, damage, health etc..).

I don't think that it should be hard to do it, it's just that my hacking abilities are basis.

If anyone can help me, that would be great!

thanks in advance,

ngc
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that depends on the game basically.

health cant be constant, so you should be able to find it.
using other scan methods and data types.

for attack and defense, if they are constants then try ultimap to find that function, then you will be able to double attack value or defense ratio.

for damage, if your game have multiple weapons and every weapon have it own damage value. then keep changing weapons and search for item ID by changed / unchanged value, and compare to first scan function. until you find the ID.
then open the address in dissect data / structure and try to locate damage value.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
ngc27
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
well, that depends on the game basically.

health cant be constant, so you should be able to find it.
using other scan methods and data types.

for attack and defense, if they are constants then try ultimap to find that function, then you will be able to double attack value or defense ratio.

for damage, if your game have multiple weapons and every weapon have it own damage value. then keep changing weapons and search for item ID by changed / unchanged value, and compare to first scan function. until you find the ID.
then open the address in dissect data / structure and try to locate damage value.

the hard part is not finding the values, the thing with those values is that once I found them and changed them, nothing really happens. I wonder how i can find the addresses that really change those values
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngc27 wrote:
I wonder how i can find the addresses that really change those values

in some games you will find the right address, but you wont be able to change it.

because there is another instruction monitoring this address, it will prevent from changing the value from nowhere.

in this case you might want to NOP that code, or let a register modify it for you.

do "find out what writes to this address"

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
ngc27
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngc27 wrote:

in some games you will find the right address, but you wont be able to change it.

because there is another instruction monitoring this address, it will prevent from changing the value from nowhere.

in this case you might want to NOP that code, or let a register modify it for you.

Can you please show me how it works on gladiator heroes with pictures?
1kk10
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Hero and equipment attribute Reply with quote

ngc27 wrote:

Hi sir/sis..
Is these thread still active..??
-----
What type of value do you check for edit the attribute..??
I've tried float type and unknown value to check the attribute.
But,i still stuck. Because,i still can not change the value.
If it is NOP type,any suggestion to change it..??
Or, do i get wrong trial error..??
Thank you for the guidence..
Hugo_the_Dwarf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably just necro'd this as it was 2ish year old.

However your best bet is to actually find a easy value like Current HP. You can browse the memory region and see if you can find another value that would match the MAX HP. If that's the case you can probably follow further down the addresses to find ones that match the attributes/stats. As most game devs stack all the data in the core object (not all, but most). Games like Barony, and Secrets of Grindea are examples of that practice (Altho Barony likes to space the HP/MP values really far between the stats, I prefer to use the data dissect feature for address skimming for numbers)

Another old game you can see this in is Shining Force, need a SNEs emulator for it (also char values are static addresses so you don't need to worry about finding a pointer or losing the list for this game)

Also what they are referencing is if the only value you can find is the display value (basically it's an address that holds the value needed for the HUD/UI to show you) so you scan the code using "What Writes to this Address" from here you can more or less backtrace from there to find the real address, I think I had to do this for Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
1kk10
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo_the_Dwarf wrote:
You probably just necro'd this as it was 2ish year old.

However your best bet is to actually find a easy value like Current HP. You can browse the memory region and see if you can find another value that would match the MAX HP. If that's the case you can probably follow further down the addresses to find ones that match the attributes/stats. As most game devs stack all the data in the core object (not all, but most). Games like Barony, and Secrets of Grindea are examples of that practice (Altho Barony likes to space the HP/MP values really far between the stats, I prefer to use the data dissect feature for address skimming for numbers)

Another old game you can see this in is Shining Force, need a SNEs emulator for it (also char values are static addresses so you don't need to worry about finding a pointer or losing the list for this game)

Also what they are referencing is if the only value you can find is the display value (basically it's an address that holds the value needed for the HUD/UI to show you) so you scan the code using "What Writes to this Address" from here you can more or less backtrace from there to find the real address, I think I had to do this for Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Thx for the reply sir..
I know this is an old thread,but only this thread i saw talked about the step more detail (sorry if i wrong).

Can i pm.you if you don't mind after i try again. Thx be4..
Hugo_the_Dwarf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can PM if you like. I don't have a phone emulator so I can't get a hold of this game, and I'm kinda lazy and don't want to shop about and setup said emulator.

But I can try my best to help via PMs
1kk10
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Gladiator heroes-stats Reply with quote

I've searched the health (pic 1), but i got nothing after used "what access/writes this address" or Dissect data/structures or auto assemble. Try other searching, got power value (pic.2). But, got nothing or what i am looking for with used "what access/writes this address" or Dissect data/structures or auto assemble. What i am looking for is hero stats (pic 3). I think what i found are pointer, because when i restart the game "the last result are useless. I tried "browse this memory region",found opcode sub rsp,28. Rsp is the stack pointer, which points to the top of the current stack frame (wiki). I tried to delete opcode,but ce said "i don't understand what you mean". Any suggestion?? Thank you

IMG_20190526_192235.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.63 KB
 Viewed:  6331 Time(s)

IMG_20190526_192235.jpg

IMG_20190526_192104.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  224.15 KB

IMG_20190526_192104.jpg

IMG_20190526_191041.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  215.46 KB

IMG_20190526_191041.jpg

1kk10
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Gladiator heroes-stats Reply with quote

Up..up..up..

I still can not cheat the game.. Laughing
I've found the health value n power value,but i am sure it's only pointer. The value can not changed to check "what access/writes this address..
Any suggestion..??
1kk10
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo_the_Dwarf wrote:
Yeah you can PM if you like. I don't have a phone emulator so I can't get a hold of this game, and I'm kinda lazy and don't want to shop about and setup said emulator.

But I can try my best to help via PMs

Hi sir,i can't pm you because my rank "too low"..
Can you pm me first..??

Screenshot_2019-05-29-08-27-42-031_com.android.chrome.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.88 KB
 Viewed:  6285 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-05-29-08-27-42-031_com.android.chrome.png

Hugo_the_Dwarf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I too am Unable to pm, yet.

I just got BlueStacks and I'll see if I can get it to work later, and I'll try my hand at hacking this and let you know the steps I took to find and change these values

EDIT
I had installed blue stacks, but not sure how to root it so I can get CE to run on it. Not going to be much help here I suppose.

try hacking some other older games and get a feel for finding different types of values
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: