Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul J Watson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Paul J Watson Reply with quote

Link

br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im really fucking tired of people stating things as if theyre facts.
this guy literally knows nothing. he has no idea what post modern is either. his ideas are about 30 years in the past, post modern has been dead.

no intelligent person is watching tv these days, or any days, tv was garbage from the start. old people who were actually part of post modern culture didn't like tv. no one in intelligent circles ever gave a fuck about tv, or pop american culture. everyone knew from the start that it was bad.

the only people that watch shit like this are people that like to sit around circle jerking like their superior to everyone, theyre worse than the people they criticize. this garbage is as equally brain melting as tv, its completely a waste of time, these people can get the fuck off youtube and do something productive.

also he says there is no counter culture: thats because you cant hear it, the counter culture doesnt use social media the way others do, but there is a counter culture. being part of counter culture right now is the most liberating because right now being the counter culture means you can look in at the people using social media and consuming pop culture, but they cant look back at you. do you know how easy it is to be a non-conformist when all you have to do is look at the internet for a short period of time to see trends and how people are conforming.
paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After he said "culture should be ..." I stopped video.
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
this guy literally knows nothing. he has no idea what post modern is either. his ideas are about 30 years in the past, post modern has been dead.

no intelligent person is watching tv these days, or any days, tv was garbage from the start. old people who were actually part of post modern culture didn't like tv. no one in intelligent circles ever gave a fuck about tv, or pop american culture. everyone knew from the start that it was bad.

the only people that watch shit like this are people that like to sit around circle jerking like their superior to everyone, theyre worse than the people they criticize. this garbage is as equally brain melting as tv, its completely a waste of time, these people can get the fuck off youtube and do something productive.

also he says there is no counter culture: thats because you cant hear it, the counter culture doesnt use social media the way others do, but there is a counter culture. being part of counter culture right now is the most liberating because right now being the counter culture means you can look in at the people using social media and consuming pop culture, but they cant look back at you. do you know how easy it is to be a non-conformist when all you have to do is look at the internet for a short period of time to see trends and how people are conforming.

Link
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Brolock wrote:

Link

After armoured skeptic got together with shoeonhead, the quality of his videos went down. He's pretty egotistical now these days. Shoeonhead is still cute and entertaining though.

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Brolock wrote:

Link
this guy's much better, but obviously much less people will view his stuff because its not as flashy. people like this guy sit in a weird position, their target audience is obviously people that are smarter and give a shit about the information they view, but at the same time they're still watching a shallow youtube video.

it seems pointless. you're going to get much more biased information by watching a video like this still, its just disguised better because he hides behind sources. picking and choosing sources is how you hide your bias better, but you're still picking and choosing. whether or not this guy has an agenda idk, but obviously in this video his agenda is to show that this other guy doesn't know shit, which makes it easy for him to pick and choose sources to refute the other guys points.

my point with that is, why bother watching a video like this either, if you're interested just go directly to his sources and actually educate yourself and find more sources that might have different information that what he picked and chose. the only way i enjoy things like this guys stuff is if it picks a very very narrow subject, like a specific book, and then is long form and goes into detail about it. the 2 podcasts i listen to, how stuff works and the partially examined life, both pick narrow topics. how stuff works picks one specific thing and goes into detail about an overall view of it, and partially examined life picks a philosophy book or even merely a few chapters from the book and then discuss it and use the text as reference very often.

i just don't understand how people still think the internet is adequate enough to educate yourself on things. its clear that both sides (of whatever, like red pills vs whatever) see that each side is stupid and dislikes their information, yet they both hype up their own internet information and consume stupid media.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
konr wrote:
Brolock wrote:

Link
this guy's much better, but obviously much less people will view his stuff because its not as flashy. people like this guy sit in a weird position, their target audience is obviously people that are smarter and give a shit about the information they view, but at the same time they're still watching a shallow youtube video.

it seems pointless. you're going to get much more biased information by watching a video like this still, its just disguised better because he hides behind sources. picking and choosing sources is how you hide your bias better, but you're still picking and choosing. whether or not this guy has an agenda idk, but obviously in this video his agenda is to show that this other guy doesn't know shit, which makes it easy for him to pick and choose sources to refute the other guys points.

my point with that is, why bother watching a video like this either, if you're interested just go directly to his sources and actually educate yourself and find more sources that might have different information that what he picked and chose. the only way i enjoy things like this guys stuff is if it picks a very very narrow subject, like a specific book, and then is long form and goes into detail about it. the 2 podcasts i listen to, how stuff works and the partially examined life, both pick narrow topics. how stuff works picks one specific thing and goes into detail about an overall view of it, and partially examined life picks a philosophy book or even merely a few chapters from the book and then discuss it and use the text as reference very often.

i just don't understand how people still think the internet is adequate enough to educate yourself on things. its clear that both sides (of whatever, like red pills vs whatever) see that each side is stupid and dislikes their information, yet they both hype up their own internet information and consume stupid media.
The internet is definitely good enough, it's just that people don't often use their time to properly research things for a number of reasons. Sometimes it's because they don't have nearly enough spare time to do so and sometimes it's because they can't justify spending that much time on it so they focus on small parts of things instead. Even if someone is very well educated on a topic it's very very hard to show that in a video properly if the topic is broad at all. It is very easy to show that you or someone else doesn't have a clue though.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the internet being good enough I meant things that are typically in the domain of the internet only, like videos which you agree is hard to show the information in, short articles (blog posts, news sources). of course the internet is good for finding out sources, but you still need to hit the books and science articles/journals to research things, which aren't really "the internet" how I meant it (I was unclear whoops).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
by the internet being good enough I meant things that are typically in the domain of the internet only, like videos which you agree is hard to show the information in, short articles (blog posts, news sources). of course the internet is good for finding out sources, but you still need to hit the books and science articles/journals to research things, which aren't really "the internet" how I meant it (I was unclear whoops).
Yeah you aren't wrong. I think a lot of people in these very videos say that they can't possibly be as thorough as they'd need to in order to full explain these topics though, or at least Layman does. The information he gives in his videos are really really good and it has prompted me to do my own research many times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: