Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Engineers unnamed code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prehistoricman
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Space Engineers unnamed code Reply with quote

I'm working on a hack for SE that will allow me to place blocks regardless of if the game thinks I should be able to. So far, I've overridden a condition in the subroutine sandbox.game.entities.mycubebuilder::addconstruction that allows me to place blocks inside of other blocks.

However, I would like to be able to place a block inside of my character. I traced down the block placing procedure to Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid::BuildBlocks. This sub makes a call to unreferenced code that appears to do the actual placing.

Here's what the BuildBlocks code looks like in IDA:

(second image below)

Since SE is a .NET app, I can look at what this code looks like from another point of view:

(first image below)

So this weird ass call is actually a RaiseEvent? I don't understand why following this call in CE would not show referenced code.

Also, at this point, it seems the game has really finalised its checks of if the block should be placed. It's now about to send a packet to the server saying "put bloc here".

I've also AB'd the code just before the call to see if any registers are different depending on if the block placement will end up being successful. No luck here. It's all identical.

So lastly, what's doing this? Would this kind of check be server-sided? I can place blocks inside of myself using a different method anyway so I doubt that.

Thanks

Screenshot_371.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.57 KB
 Viewed:  8604 Time(s)

Screenshot_371.png

Screenshot_370.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.15 KB
 Viewed:  8604 Time(s)

Screenshot_370.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: