Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help from the pros here! CE+CEMU+BOTW+Pointers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Need some help from the pros here! CE+CEMU+BOTW+Pointers Reply with quote

TL;DR
Need some help with finding pointers within the CEMU emulator such as techniques that work with emulators, what to look for, appropriate pointer scan settings, etc.

So, I've been maintaining a CT over at http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2335 for Zelda - Breath of the Wild for CEMU (Wii-U emulator). It's going pretty well, but I'm somewhat limited due to my knowledge gaps in terms of finding pointers in emulators, so I've been relying on AOB's. Hoping someone here can give me some "pointers" on how to find pointers within an emulator (specifically, CEMU, if possible). I've read tutorials such as using CE w/Dolphin Emulator: https://smashboards.com/threads/using-cheat-engine-with-dolphin.442909/, but these types of tutorials seem to just TELL you what settings to input to make things work as opposed to explaining how they found those settings.

- I've got memmapped checked in scan settings
- I've got @DarkByte's emurpm installed (http://cheatengine.org/temp/emurpm.zip) - Side note - I'm not totally clear on how to use emurpm and it seems to assume you already have the "base" to input into it, so I can't even get out of the gate to play with it yet.
- I've got 2 and 4 byte Big Endian custom types installed

I ran a pointer scan on my health address (heart containers - each full container = a value of 4). Unchecked "Addresses must be 32-bit aligned" and set a max level of 20. It eventually hung because the remaining 30GB I had left on my drive got quickly used up. I then tried the same scan again, but killed it after 5 minutes or so of searching. The results filled every level, which is not what I expected...20+ level deep pointers? I'm sure I'm approaching this incorrectly. There are probably certain emulator-related pointer scan settings I should be setting in CE specifically for CEMU that would help, but I don't know what these are or how to find them (I don't know what I don't know type of thing...). It's tough to find help with using CE on this emulator because it seems to require a somewhat beefy machine to run.

My goal is to find a "player base" as I've seen described here and really open up the possibilities. I am in need of a little hand holding and someone who can demystify some things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: