Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Constant Address Changes Fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaizeru
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Constant Address Changes Fix Reply with quote

So I've been playing Tales of Berseria and I found all the addresses for the consumable items, the number of carried Katz Souls and all the Materials needed for upgrading, however when I shut the game down (after saving my cheat table) then booted it up the next day I had discovered all the addresses had shifted, obviously I expected this to happen (as it so often does these days) but what I didn't know was how to mass edit all of the values to the new address, so I googled my ass off and everything said doing a pointer scan was the way to go, so cut a long story short, me and my terrible CE skills found it way to overwhelming so I just reasoned to manually edit every address, however before I started doing this I poked about with a few things and found this entirely NEW method, allow me to explain how I did it:

1). I scanned for the item in slot 1 which was an Apple Gel it had a value of 12, after toying about with it I found the address then I added it to the table

2). Then after adding it to the table I went to the group that all my consumables under it right clicked the *old* address and selected "Recalculate New Addresses" then selected the Change to Address tab and entered the new address (which I had saved) this changed EVERY address in the group (only in the group though).

I simply had to do this for both groups (Consumables and Materials) and everything was back to where it should have been, no troublesome difficult guides on pointers, just a simple solution for Fake Nerds like me Smile
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in cheat engine pointers are easy to find, you have multiple ways to find them.

one of the most easiest way to find pointers is "pointer scan" right-click the address you want to find a pointer for.

simply after doing that pointer scan, you might end up with 100k results, 1Million, 10M, 1B. that all depends on the game 32bit or 64bit. it also depends on the max offset value and offset level.

the best and fastest way to ger rid of these address and drop down to a 100, 1000 results is:

1. close the game, open it up again, open pointer scan window, choose "rescan" option to find out the new address, or you can rescan it to find a value. (dont forget value type when rescanning).

2. doing the same exact process, with only one different which is instead of closing the game, you will soft reboot you pc (aka "restart") and repeat the same steps until you end couple hundreds or thousands.

in some cases option 2. is great.

there is also a great thing, is giving your friend that have same game as you the results of pointer scan. and let him to rescan the results. this way leads to get rid of big amount of useless pointers.

best of luck

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: