Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with pointers on Jade Dynasty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eisenworth
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Issue with pointers on Jade Dynasty Reply with quote

Recently I've tried to make a bot using AutoIt, pretty simple stuff.
Basically what it does is read an address where its value is either X or Y, if its X it clicks on a place on the screen, if its Y click on another different place.

I'm having a hard time finding a pointer for this address simply because the address change distance is immense. For example:

- I go ingame, scan for the address, pointer scan the address, lets assume its 423F1D98.
- Close game, open it again, pointer stops working for some weird reason... I rescan the address to check its new address and it becomes something very different than it was before, something like 01F2764F.

I know I should make a pointer with a higher scanning depth but I already tried with 20000 and 4 levels, 1 million 1 level. I tried in all possible ways.

I even tried using find what accesses to check its closest value, but those pointers also dont stick.

What am I doing wrong? I can provide pictures if needed aswell.

PS: My configs on pointer scan are, Max offset value 1047, Max level 6
PS2: The game is an MMORPG
PS3: I noticed that the drastic address changes happens also when I change to a different character on my account...

I was on character 1, and the address was 449BC4CC on scan 1, 43367434 on scan 2 and 4345F434 on scan 3, all kinda similar. (cause I was restarting the game in between them to see the changes)
When I switched to another character, the address changed to 38092FE4 and the pointer couldnt reach it anymore.
atom0s

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things you can normally do in this kind of situation:

1. Look to see if the information is based from a specific module. Something like 'Client.dll + 012152F' Therefore you now know it is an offset position based on Client.dll. Anytime the game reloads, you would look for Client.dll's base address, add the given offset and you should have your address with ease.

2. Look for pointers. Pointers are a great way to find where an address is being accessed. It also lets you better create AOBs (patterns) to look for addresses easier after updates and so on. For example, take a look at this chunk of code:

Code:

Game.dll+37D7 - 8B 56 0C              - mov edx,[esi+0C]
Game.dll+37DA - 8B 04 2A              - mov eax,[edx+ebp]
Game.dll+37DD - 8B 04 85 F8CEF503     - mov eax,[eax*4+Game.dll+46CEF8]
Game.dll+37E4 - 85 C0                 - test eax,eax
Game.dll+37E6 - 0F84 A8000000         - je Game.dll+3894
Game.dll+37EC - 8B 88 20010000        - mov ecx,[eax+00000120]

The address we care about is at:
Code:
[eax*4+Game.dll+46CEF8]

Because of this being setup in a pointer we can AOB scan for this chunk of code via:
8B 56 0C 8B 04 2A 8B 04 85

Once found we can add the given offset from this to get the pointer we want from this code, read it etc.

3. Going along with #2, look for what accesses the address. That is a great way to find chunks of code like I showed above that can help you easier find a location in memory via an AOB to pull the pointer from.

4. Create a codecave and store the address from something that uses it. If you can't find a pointer or chunk of code that easily exposes the address find a place in the games code that does use it and create a code cave. Have the function jump to your cave, store the address you need in a second location, and allow the game to resume as normal. You can now use that address with ease from your second location you allocated yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: