Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPG Maker MV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo32ru
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: RPG Maker MV Reply with quote

As nobody explained it in VX topic I am moving the question here... Anybody has already a script or a formula to hack RPG Maker MV games? Previous script did not work on Nightmare School(a game built with MV).
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durr, that one was a pain in the rear entry. In the end:
-Game data is stored in the 3rd process (the one with the largest ram usage).
-Data is stored as doubles.
-Data is reallocated/moved each time it is overwritten, so you have 2 methods to cheat:

Method 1:
Set the thing you want to hack to a weird value ingame (like 2551 for money), scan for it (with type=double) and hope to find it in one go.

Method 2:
use the pointerscanner (memory viewer->tools->pointer scan) with this configuration:
-"Scan for address with value" mode
-put the value you see ingame in the largest box, select double in the drop down list at its right.
-show advanced options=ON
-addresses must be 32bit aligned=OFF (unfortunately)
-only find paths with a static... =OFF
-Allow stack addresses...=OFF
-Pointers must end with ...=ON, put 3 in the box below.
-max offset=4
-max level=1

Once it has finished, change the value ingame, and go to pointer scanner->rescan memory, set it in value to find mode, give it the new ingame value, and select double type. By then you should only have 1 result left, but if you have several just pick any one at random or do more rescans.

This procedure has been tested on money, xp, and bottle count in Nightmare school, but I doubt that the mini pointers you find stay valid for long so changing the value once is safe, but freeze at your own risks.

Neo32ru
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx will try it out Very Happy
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Dark Byte granted my request (Thanks !), so it is now possible to scan with the LUA custom type below.
You'll need a cheat engine 6.5 downloaded after the 5th (probably 7th) of january 2016.

Other indications:
-Cheat engine will set the fast scan alignment to 0 when selecting this custom type. You can safely reset it to 4 for way faster scans.
-In-game values need to have changed at least once for any scan to work (with the custom type OR any of the 2 methods above).
-NEVER do a first scan for 0, this will give you a lot of junk results.
-Doing a next scan for 0 is not recommended, but not as bad as a first scan.

Code:
typename="RPG maker MX"
bytecount=4  --number of bytes of this type
functionbasename="RPGMakerMX"

function RPGMakerMX_bytestovalue(b1,b2,b3,b4,address)
 local DataAddress=3+(b1+b2*256+b3*65536+b4*16777216);
  if ((DataAddress)%4 ~= 0 or DataAddress<0x1000) then --return 0 if DataAddress isn't a valid 32bit aligned address
    return 0
  else
    return readDouble(DataAddress) --return (double) [address]+3
  end
end

function RPGMakerMX_valuetobytes(i,address)
  local OriginalValue=readInteger(address)
  local ReturnValue=dwordToByteTable(OriginalValue);
  writeDouble(OriginalValue+3,i) --write i at [address]+3
return ReturnValue[1],ReturnValue[2],ReturnValue[3],ReturnValue[4]

end
return typename,bytecount,functionbasename

Neo32ru
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for script and i don't think that there will zeros to scan hp mp can't be 0 by default Very Happy and will try out and post if something else will matter
Dimensionist
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys. The LUA custom type mentioned above doesn't seem to be working with a specific RPGMaker MV game, called Tormented 12. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Wait, it seems to be working with some values, but not with the stat allocation during character creation. Curious.
|Alien|
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who can help me with How to use the LUA script please?
DarkLabs
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: 4 same processes ? Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm new here.

Let me explain what is my problem.

When I've tried to execute CE on a RPG Maker game, I got 4 same processes but I didn't know which one is the right process to work on...
I know its a RPG Maker game because the most content of this game are the basic resources of RPG Maker but I don't know if its XP, MV or MV ACE.
I've already tried your method for the 1st and 3rd process but nothing... I always got any value at the end of the scans...

The game's directory includes :
- A "save" directory
- A standalone executable "game_boxed.exe"

I'd really like to find an issue for this... So I'll try it again with the 2nd and 4th process and I'll put the result here...
I've attached a picture for the processes, sorry, I don't know how to male a Hide/Spoiler ^^'

EDIT : Nothing...

Sorry for my bad english, I'm fr.

rpgmker0.PNG
 Description:
game_boxed.exe
 Filesize:  4.61 KB
 Viewed:  225360 Time(s)

rpgmker0.PNG

Hatschi
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gniarf wrote:
Looks like Dark Byte granted my request (Thanks !), so it is now possible to scan with the LUA custom type below.
You'll need a cheat engine 6.5 downloaded after the 5th (probably 7th) of january 2016.

Other indications:
-Cheat engine will set the fast scan alignment to 0 when selecting this custom type. You can safely reset it to 4 for way faster scans.
-In-game values need to have changed at least once for any scan to work (with the custom type OR any of the 2 methods above).
-NEVER do a first scan for 0, this will give you a lot of junk results.
-Doing a next scan for 0 is not recommended, but not as bad as a first scan.

Code:
typename="RPG maker MX"
bytecount=4  --number of bytes of this type
functionbasename="RPGMakerMX"

function RPGMakerMX_bytestovalue(b1,b2,b3,b4,address)
 local DataAddress=3+(b1+b2*256+b3*65536+b4*16777216);
  if ((DataAddress)%4 ~= 0 or DataAddress<0x1000) then --return 0 if DataAddress isn't a valid 32bit aligned address
    return 0
  else
    return readDouble(DataAddress) --return (double) [address]+3
  end
end

function RPGMakerMX_valuetobytes(i,address)
  local OriginalValue=readInteger(address)
  local ReturnValue=dwordToByteTable(OriginalValue);
  writeDouble(OriginalValue+3,i) --write i at [address]+3
return ReturnValue[1],ReturnValue[2],ReturnValue[3],ReturnValue[4]

end
return typename,bytecount,functionbasename

Can you explain a bit more what that script does in detail? What does that line for exaple mean?

DataAddress=3+(b1+b2*256+b3*65536+b4*16777216)
Iyeru
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the LUA Script above turns up no results no matter what of the four processes are used.
Hatschi
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it does not work for me as well. However there are plenty of savegame editors for RPG Maker games like this one:

http://www.saveeditonline.com/
fdelduque
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: 4 same processes ? Reply with quote

DarkLabs wrote:
Hi all, I'm new here.

When I've tried to execute CE on a RPG Maker game, I got 4 same processes but I didn't know which one is the right process to work on...
I know its a RPG Maker game because the most content of this game are the basic resources of RPG Maker but I don't know if its XP, MV or MV ACE.
I've already tried your method for the 1st and 3rd process but nothing... I always got any value at the end of the scans...

- A "save" directory

I'd really like to find an issue for this... So I'll try it again with the 2nd and 4th process and I'll put the result here...
I've attached a picture for the processes, sorry, I don't know how to male a Hide/Spoiler ^^'

Ctrl+alt+del -> task manager -> Find the process that uses most memory -> rightclick -> details -> get the PID number, convert to hex using the calc, its the same number on open process on CE
DarkLabs
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Cheat engine on RPG MV Reply with quote

Gniarf wrote:
Durr, that one was a pain in the rear entry. In the end:
-Game data is stored in the 3rd process (the one with the largest ram usage).
-Data is stored as doubles.
-Data is reallocated/moved each time it is overwritten, so you have 2 methods to cheat:

Method 1:
Set the thing you want to hack to a weird value ingame (like 2551 for money), scan for it (with type=double) and hope to find it in one go.

Method 2:
use the pointerscanner (memory viewer->tools->pointer scan) with this configuration:
-"Scan for address with value" mode
-put the value you see ingame in the largest box, select double in the drop down list at its right.
-show advanced options=ON
-addresses must be 32bit aligned=OFF (unfortunately)
-only find paths with a static... =OFF
-Allow stack addresses...=OFF
-Pointers must end with ...=ON, put 3 in the box below.
-max offset=4
-max level=1

Once it has finished, change the value ingame, and go to pointer scanner->rescan memory, set it in value to find mode, give it the new ingame value, and select double type. By then you should only have 1 result left, but if you have several just pick any one at random or do more rescans.

This procedure has been tested on money, xp, and bottle count in Nightmare school, but I doubt that the mini pointers you find stay valid for long so changing the value once is safe, but freeze at your own risks.

I always have 3 values but when I pick them and add them to the adresses table it always show value = 0

What am I supposed to do with this ???

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.08 KB
 Viewed:  188718 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

Zixus
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DarkLabs The reason it shows as 0 is because the search used was most likely for doubles(based on previous direction).
If the dropdown shown on the pointer scan window is set to double, it will show the value in the "points to" column, and when adding the address, it will automatically set it to the selected type. Otherwise change the type after adding the address.
earthshaker34
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi all, I'm new here.

- A "save" directory

You just have to test them one by one. How? well choose one and change speed by using speedhack to 2, if game speed doesnt change then that's not the one you want, then go to the other one and try the same thing, and eventually you will find it. tho i have to warn you that on MV speedhack doesnt work you cant play it on fast speed otherwise it will glitch on you and you will have to restart it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: