Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CEMU and Zelda: Breath of the wild health values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: CEMU and Zelda: Breath of the wild health values Reply with quote

I've run into an issue that I can't seem to get past. I'm making hacks for Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the CEMU emulator. I've posted the CT here: fearlessrevolution. c o m/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2335

I'm currently trying to understand how health values in this game work. Everything has a health value - Link, weapons, enemies, trees! I cannot figure out how to isolate one from another. When I search for the health of my weapon, find what writes to it, NOP it, my weapons are indestructible...and so is everything else. Useless. I've also tried, find what accesses this, which gives me another list. I can clearly see the address that appears when my weapon takes damage, but NOP'ing it instantly destroys the weapon. What info do I need to provide to help you help me?! Smile
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I search for the health of my weapon, find what writes to it, NOP it, my weapons are indestructible

It is emulator. The game it runs, Legend of Zelda BotW, is not a native windows application. Emulator is native windows application.

Other games like Prey, Doom, Witcher3, TombRaider, all of them are native windows applications.

Making cheats for games running on modern console emulators is more problematic than you think.

You can not use pointerscanner, most of youtube tutorials are useless. Why? Because you are hacking two things at the same time: an emulator and the game running inside an emulator.

It is much easier when an emulator has it's own debugger, see Dolphin emulator.

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't seem like a dilemma that's isolated to just emulation (see here: cheatengine.o r g/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5331555&sid=f74da32a61ee42f94d43bcf283e092d1

So, without getting hung up on the fact that this is an emulated game, are there any tutorials you could point me to on how to approach this? I didn't follow the technique in the thread above and am not even sure if it would apply here.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use structure dissect on the stack to figure out a way to distinguish what you need. (lock and dissect)

e.g: the stack may hold a pointerpath to the currently executing instruction inside the emulated system

or the value is within a special range, etc...

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Use structure dissect on the stack to figure out a way to distinguish what you need. (lock and dissect)

e.g: the stack may hold a pointerpath to the currently executing instruction inside the emulated system

or the value is within a special range, etc...

Thank you. So far, I've become awesome at NOP'ing to achieve what I need. I have a feeling a simple NOP won't do the trick in this case... lol I'll research lock and dissect. I am seeing "ptr" near the address it found, but not totally sure what that may mean or what to do with it... More research. Smile
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

step 9 of the tuturial, and instead of a simple register value to a specific memory block, look into the RSP at that specific time .
which is why you need to lock the memory (locking just makes a copy of stack somewhere and makes the locked column read it as if it came from the original address)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
step 9 of the tuturial, and instead of a simple register value to a specific memory block, look into the RSP at that specific time .
which is why you need to lock the memory (locking just makes a copy of stack somewhere and makes the locked column read it as if it came from the original address)

Thank you. Do you happen to know if CEMU's 2 or 4 byte big endian (currently using 2 byte BE to search for values) will have any impact on how I approach this?
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii's native byte order is Big Endian. This is why you see many "bswap" instructions when looking at CEMU code.

And that means:
- SmallInt (16bit) has Big Endian order
- Integer (32bit) has Big Endian order
- single-precision floating-point has Big Endian order
- double-precision floating-point has Big Endian order

PS: check your PM box.

Last edited by mgr.inz.Player on Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
Wii's native byte order is Big Endian. This is why you see many "bswap" instructions when looking at CEMU code.

And that means:
- SmallInt (16bit) has Big Endian order
- Integer (32bit) has Big Endian order
- single-precision floating-point has Big Endian order
- double-precision floating-point has Big Endian order

This helps. Thank you.

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
PS: check your PM box.

Responded Smile
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:

Trying step 9 of the tutorial... Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't explain how to do it. It just says, "your task is to..." and "when you've found out how to distinguish between yourself and the computer..."

*edit: For the love of God. I'm losing my mind over this thing. I cannot figure this one out (Zelda). Been at it for about 2 weeks, but just don't have the skill required...

Also, pointer scanning always return 0 results. Not sure what that's attributed to...
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've solved this issue FINALLY. Unbreakable Weapons is now a thing! Smile
Banjo Patterson
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you do to get it working Drivium?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: