Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Gamerate" value affects only player? Possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: "Gamerate" value affects only player? Possible? Reply with quote

Hey. I have a small question.

In one game (Two Worlds 1 from 2007) I've found "gamerate" value - when changed, it changes speed of whole game - characters, environment, something like speedhack.

So question is - is it possible to make that value affects only player character?
Or just everything except player character?

I'm just interested to make player character overall speed to be different than all other speeds.

Thanks.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Usually, values like this are global and affect everything. However, that does not mean that there is not a separate value for character speed.
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Usually, values like this are global and affect everything. However, that does not mean that there is not a separate value for character speed.

Ok Thanks.
I will continue searching so.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are mostly concerned about character movement (walk/run) speed, then you can look in the data structure that handles character coordinates. If you cannot find it, you should be able to find and alter the instruction that handles those forces. Typically such instruction(s) occur near one of the instructions that handles your coordinates.
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
If you are mostly concerned about character movement (walk/run) speed, then you can look in the data structure that handles character coordinates. If you cannot find it, you should be able to find and alter the instruction that handles those forces. Typically such instruction(s) occur near one of the instructions that handles your coordinates.

More I'm interested in character attack speed (animations, collisions timing etc. You know).
I've managed to find movement speed, but it was just totally different stuff...

I'm using 1.6 version of game. I've heard that on 1.0 version of game there were hidden console commands to change character movement (only movement) speeds. I've checked it, that was true. They were static (ya know, green colored when scanning for them Very Happy) adresses with fixed values (0.1 float, 10.0 float etc.). Their adresses were different in v1.6 than in v1.0 but still was easy to find them there. Sadly, unlike 1.0 version of game, changing them on v1.6 makes strange bugs - grass or landscapes dissapears, but it's different problem...

But anyway...

What did You mean by "data structure"?
Dissection?
I've found coordinates (X,Y,Z) some time ago, was easy to do in this game, but had no luck with finding movement speed (tried : find out what writes -> dissasemble -> what accesses -> dissect structure, tried with find out what accesses instead what writes too).

And second thing - for example, in this game swimming speed works in that way:

a*b

a=running speed,
b=multiplier from swimming skill - for example on lvl 7 of swim skill you have multiplier 70% of running speed,

So is it somehow possible to find running speed if I managed to find swimming speed?
Tried some magic there (yea, I found swimming speed) but with no success...
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squerol wrote:
What did You mean by "data structure"?
Dissection?
-Yes; dissect data structure.

squerol wrote:
So is it somehow possible to find running speed if I managed to find swimming speed?
-It's possible, but all games are different and since I know nothing about this game, I cannot say, definitively. You can try dissecting the data structure to see if there are nearby values for running speed.
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:

-Yes; dissect data structure.

-It's possible, but all games are different and since I know nothing about this game, I cannot say, definitively. You can try dissecting the data structure to see if there are nearby values for running speed.

Ye, tried dissect, spend a lot of time here, but no success was... Probably it's just that different one game, many xors there too, maybe because game have additional co-op and pvp modes aside from singleplayer.

By method I've told You in previous posts, I've found running & backdash speed and distance done during attack animation, they are static adresses (green in scan result window).

Sadly, they have impact on one additional, different adress too.

I've found them, they are static too.

Same situation for both 3 static adresses:

- Example, run speed value - it's somehow linked with visual (no collisions) whole world landscape position offset.
When I change adress of run speed, landscape pos adress changes automatically too. When I freeze landscape pos value, I can't change run speed value - it just reverts back all time. When I freeze run speed value, can't change landscape pos value, it just reverts too. When I freeze both values and change value of one, the value reverts too. Totally have idea what to do there... Find out what writes to this adress brings no results, I have no idea how to force it to change in-game... In 1.0 v of game It was possible by console command, results were here, but in 1.6 v of game most of console commands gets disabled.

- For backdash value same situation - but it's linked to different, static adress of grass position offset in game world, there is only always one safe value for the linked adresses to see no glitches in game world...

- For distance done during attack animation there is linked adress too, but didn't saw any side effects of it's change...

Maybe You've encountered similar problem in Your hacking history? (which I assume must be veeeeeery rich) and have idea how to keep that linked adresses values became freezed forever, even when my speed values changes... ?

Thank You.

PS.

Maybe If I post some codes examples from my problem it would help?
But You need to tell me what code and from where, I'm n00b to be honest.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an older game, for a console or something?

Typically, individual values are not shared across different things. For example, you can have a shared, static value that determines magazine caps for all pistols in a game, but to have a single value that is used for weapons and also something that is not even related to weapons, is very unlikely. It's not impossible, but I have never seen it.

It is possible that you are editing the wrong value type. For example, instead of editing the value as a 4 byte value, for example, try changing it to byte or 2 byte and see if you can alter those values, individually.
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Is this an older game, for a console or something?

Typically, individual values are not shared across different things. For example, you can have a shared, static value that determines magazine caps for all pistols in a game, but to have a single value that is used for weapons and also something that is not even related to weapons, is very unlikely. It's not impossible, but I have never seen it.

It is possible that you are editing the wrong value type. For example, instead of editing the value as a 4 byte value, for example, try changing it to byte or 2 byte and see if you can alter those values, individually.

2007 Polish Action RPG for PC (it was released on X360 too)

Changing value type don't help here too... Other adress changes too.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT:

ColonelRVH with SunBeam totally solved that problem Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: