Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie in need of help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edisthgirb
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Newbie in need of help Reply with quote

Hello! I'm having trouble figuring things out... The game I'm trying to cheat in is Darkest Dungeon. First time using CE, I followed as much of the tutorial as I could, but there are some things I still need help with. I was only able to do up to step 6 of the tutorial, and I was able to pull off changing current health, stress, and gold values, which is just about all I was looking to do, but the problem is I can't keep that information between game sessions. I guess it's something about the addresses changing? I tried following what was explained in the tutorial for what I think fits this situation, but I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help me out here? Are there any more dumbed-down tutorials for this kind of thing? Maybe a specific template for Darkest Dungeon that would make it so I can more easily manipulate values? (if that's even a thing)

Also sorry if this is a common question, I tried flipping through some of the posts but don't really know exactly what I'm looking for...
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to find persistent values you usually need to be able to trace the disassembly. You will need to know how the stack works, how pointers are used in assembly, how values are read and stored and how call functions work.

If you want to finish the tutorial you can use the guides here.
http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Tutorials

If you just want a cheat for Darkest Dungeon there is a table here.
http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=1806
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: