Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why there are so many guests and less registered users?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Why there are so many guests and less registered users? Reply with quote

I was wondering why in this forum there are so many unregistered users that are active, I can see every "thread section" in this forum has a lot of views that increase a lot day by day (except for the Random spam section).
Are most of these numbers fakes or bots? I've been in some other forums too but I've never seen such a great amount of unregistered "active" users.
I could bet that some of them will see this message too , but they will not reply Razz
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's because i don't require people to register to see posts/files so people don't have to login ever

and a lot of these guests are bots from search engines that are non-stop indexing the site and new posts/edited posts. (bing, google, yandex, fuckwuck, baidu, localnet, and 100 other search engines all at the same time with at least 4 different ip's each)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
it's because i don't require people to register to see posts/files so people don't have to login ever

and a lot of these guests are bots from search engines that are non-stop indexing the site and new posts/edited posts. (bing, google, yandex, fuckwuck, baidu, localnet, and 100 other search engines all at the same time with at least 4 different ip's each)

Ok but why do they keep indexing this site? I mean why do they need to check each thread constantly? I mean I've seen that this happens not in all sections (like random spam is avoided)...
It's just for a curiosity purpose , if there is something on the background I may stop this question here lol

Edit: nvm probably the random spam section is botted too
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

posts get edited/deleted over time, so they have to check periodically if the content is still the same.
And there is a lot of content to check

e.g from the last 100000 requests on this site this is the top 5:
Code:

ipcount-ip
   1248 157.55.39.167 (msnbot-157-55-39-167.search.msn.com: bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)
   1466 66.249.66.211 (crawl-66-249-66-211.googlebot.com: Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)
   1653 157.55.39.173 ( msnbot-157-55-39-173.search.msn.com:  bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)
   2077 216.244.66.239 (no dns: http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/dotbot, [email protected])
   3664 78.46.174.55  (static.55.174.46.78.clients.your-server.de: MegaIndex.ru/2.0; +http://megaindex.com/crawler )

fun fact about the MSN bots, whenever they are active they open 6 to 7 pages a second

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
posts get edited/deleted over time, so they have to check periodically if the content is still the same.
And there is a lot of content to check

Ok thank you that's good to know and insane for me to know lol... There are so many search engines right now in the web
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the number of registered users would be insane now if they were required to register.

There's no point to it though, most people when forced use fake emails/names and never visit again versus those who register out of their own will after liking what they see.

Zohan
Gayest Man Alive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember maybe six or seven years ago that DB was hit by a lawsuit to remove all of the game section forums for trainers, mods, and other script tables. Those were the good days. Many other flash-based games and shit. Crazy this place is still around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: