Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to hack big games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter007
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to hack big games Reply with quote

Cheat engine only deal with numbers,and i am wondering will it be easy to hack big games like gta v
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All games, and software in general, just use numbers (and code which is given to the computer using numbers, and yes CE can deal with assembly code too), so yes, but also no (at least, not necessarily).

The bigger the game the more money and time the devs usually have to try and prevent you from cheating, or more likely they are to simply do "strange" things that might be hard for you to search for when you aren't aware of how it's working, like shifting the bits by 2 requiring you to multiply/divide by 8, or multiplying by 10000, or using pointers, or show health as a percentage while "internally" it's stored as something that isn't between 0 and 100, or 0 to 1 or vice versa (storing as a percent and displaying as percent*max) to use fairly common examples of things that'll trip up new game hackers).

The more competitive the game is the more... motivated the devs are likely to be to prevent you from cheating. So with a single player game devs probably aren't going to really care whether you cheat or not (some might take it personally but in general), if they've added a scoreboard/leaderboard so you can compare yourself to others then they'll probably want to add at least some basic ways to prevent you from cheating, compared to a full multi-player game where you are competing with other players for an actual advantage over the rest of the game... well they're going to be pretty motivated to prevent cheating there.

So, in summary, yes because all software is implemented using numbers, and no because larger and especially online/multi-player games give devs more motivation to prevent cheating. I don't have any experience cheating on GTA V myself but I'm sure you can find a few videos on youtube of someone doing it.

Last edited by FreeER on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually found bigger games to be easier to hack than small indie one for one reason. Fucked up game engines are usually found in indie games, by fucked up i mean weird ones, scripted etc. There is also a lack of documentation and research on these engines because they're relatively unknown so you will have to be the first one to figure things out. It's awesome if you're looking for a challenge, not so much when you have to do several trainers.

Now, big game engines like unreal, cryengine etc are a pleasure to work with..nice clean structures, more documentation than you need.

FreeER You deviated a little bit to anticheat protections which online games employ (and recently ubishit for single player games), the actual game engines don't have any protection and are easier to hack. There are obviously exceptions.

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@STN yeah, since they were talking about "big games" not just engines and many of those have online/multiplayer components now days I wanted to cover that as well, didn't make it very clear however.

As for indie games, as a "percentage" I don't usually have any more problems with them than AAA games, there's just more of them so more chance to find people doing strange things (especially with new devs who don't really know what they're doing or have someone to ask for the "best way"), so you'll come across them more often than with the big games.

Good points though, obviously Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: