Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaz373
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Reply with quote

Ok, so thanks to a friend here on CE boards I received a nice copy of an Unsigned Cheat Engine. However, just tinkering at the moment I was using that to try and alter the number of bullets my GRW character has in the chamber, not the clip. (20/60) for example (999/60).

In any case searching for any kind of value weather it 4byes, float or double seems to not pull any information at all. So I have been asking around and this is one of the answers I got:

[quote=Pvt. Stash;135513901705755266][quote=AlexMBrennan;135513901705565541]
Please do explain to me the difference between editing the cash balance at runtime using cheat engine* and editing the same cash balance stored in the save file using a hex editor. How about text editors - some games store data in human readable xml format, so notepad could be used to increment your cash balance.

It would probably be easier to just VAC ban every account the moment it's created to make sure.

* If the name offends you then just think about it as editing /dev/mem [/quote]
Usually editing a text file happens when the game is offline. When the file is parsed and pulled up to memory the game has no idea it was modified while offline and just loads it like before. If you screw the edit up the game either throws an error because it can't be parsed or it treats it as a corrupted file.

I'm not sure how EAC works, but many anticheats monitor memory addresses for editing at runtime or look for known cheat applications running at the same time as the anticheat. If you have a cheat application for a different game running it could get picked up and ban you.

The risk at runtime is far greater because you don't know what the system is monitoring at any given time. [/quote]
So what you're saying is instead of using cheat engine, just alter the file itself, but who has time to decompress every .dat , .fat , .umd file to figure out where the settings and configurations are stored? After all the developer always plays hide and seek on crutial files that determine penetration power, picking up a case of bullets that give 20 shells can be altered to 999999 or messing around with health values instead of 10 can pump it up to 9999 , and most things we found with Ubisoft games their umd's can't handle the alterations, thus we had to create ini files to tell the umd what to do. That's why I never trusted cheat engine. Altering things in real time will for sure trigger an alert if another program is monitoring it. But making off line changes will treat it as a normal dlc.

So back to my original question, how can you ever load this game up in cheat engine, even with an unsigned one trying to search for things does nothing.

If I'm working on the wrong file, that's new on me. I pulled up GRW.exe , while you load that game the other file also seems to be active: 00003E2C-EasyAntiCheat.exe

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: