Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rydian's Value/Address Finding Examples
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Finding a value for breath? Reply with quote

Hi, I've been trying for a few days to find the value that decreases breath when the character goes underwater, but haven't been successful. So far I've searched between values, such as between 0 and 500, but I get too many results that I can't work with because the search wouldn't have included all values, I think because it cuts off at 10,000,000 results.

I also started out doing unknown value, then changed, unchanged, and increased, decreased, but I'm still not getting right results. I'm wondering if maybe the breath value does something different like being at 0 or 1 when you're above water and the value either goes up or down when you're underwater. Would it become a minus value if that were the case? Or do you think the value would increase when being under water?

I've been reading through tutorials everyday for a while, trying to understand this because I really am interested in learning about this stuff. So, any help is appreciated.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried searching for other types, like float/double?
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, since I didn't know what it would be I searched "All" and some results had float, 4-bytes, and double, but there were always too many to continue and filter out. I got to a point where I was doing changed/unchanged values and nothing would clear out from the list. I'd still be left with about 200+ results.

I've since then been trying for 4-bytes because I had a look at one of the old table code for Trine (ver. 1.0.0) posted on here, but it's not the same version that I'm working on. This older version had the breath value at 4-bytes, so that's why I started to focus on it being that type, still with no luck.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So changed/unchanged has too many results, what about increased/decreased? It may be an increased how-long-you're-underwater timer instead of a decreased breath time (never played the game).

Also if you know other stats of the player (health and such) you can try looking in the changed/unchanged results for things that have an address sort of close to health.

Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, finally found it! It was starting at 0 and the numbers increased as you went under water. I found a few ways to lock it in, one of which was to comment out sub ecx,[eax+0000011C] and another to change one of the code to mov [edi+0000011C],0. Both seemed to work ok, I went with the second.
Rydian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's an integer value, both are acceptable methods yeah.
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, so how would search for health value in games like total war? So it doesn't let you know what the value is.
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attack wrote:
Thanks. Eventually through analyzing I found the value that jump height is increased/decreased by. Only issue is that if I set it to 0, when the character does an air trick, he'll float forever, so you have to set a second variable to a negative value so he starts descending. Leads to some funny results.

Would you mind sharing your findings for Jet Set Radio for PC? It's one of my fav games. A super jump code would be so handy! Tried to PM you, but not "allowed" yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: