Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 8 not recongizing/reading a disc in drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrStevie100
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Windows 8 not recongizing/reading a disc in drive Reply with quote

So I've been having this issue lately where my DVD drive won't read disks I put in. The problem started when I installed an older game, 'Brother in Arms: Earned in Blood', on my computer. After I installed the game I put in the play disk and I got a popup saying "something something not compatible driver". I don't recall what the message actually said and I can't replicate it because MY PC WON'T READ DISKS.

I clicked it away and restarted my computer to finish the installation so I could kill me some Nazis but then, MY COMPUTER WOUNDN'T BOOT. I was stuck at the HP logo screen and after waiting obediently for the computer to finish starting up I got sick of it and turned it off. I eventually restored to right before I installed the game. Afterward I tried reinstalling the game, but when I put the disk in nothing happened. No autoplay, no notification telling me I inserted the game disk... nothing. I checked my file explorer and tried opening my drive only to get another message saying "E:/ Application not found".

So earlier I tried fiddling with it because I have to change my resume the I have on a CD. I came across a tutorial on youtube which had my issue listed in the title. It basically said to turn off the Media Player feature in 'Turn Windows Features On or Off", restart my pc, then turn it on again. I did so just as the tutorial showed and it half worked. When I click the drive in file explorer it says "Insert a CD/DVD." So at first I was like WOOT WOOT, but when I put in a game disk that I knew would work nothing happened.

So I fixed the first issue with it not recognizing the drive but now its like the computer doesn't know that there is a CD or DVD in there. Could anybody help me out with this because this sucks a lot.

Last edited by MrStevie100 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You turned autoplay off so you have to manually go to the drive and seklect setup etc.

If its not reading the disk, most likely cause it is corrupt.

MrStevie100
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find setup option when I right click my drive. You say if its not reading the disk that means its probably corrupted? How would I go about troubleshooting and fixing this?
Cake-san
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start from troubleshooting the driver ? Rolling Eyes
XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem, it was something to do with registery settings, I fixed it by using a restore point.

Try using something like CCleaner to fix the registery up. You haven't installed anything dodgy that'll mess up registery or installed cracked program have you?

Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These so-called "tools" are full of spyware most of the time so watch what you use.

BIOS settings?
Have you changed drive letters?
Is the drive recognized?
Is the disk recognized?
Scratches on disk?
Dust in the drive?
Zoerisam
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
These so-called "tools" are full of spyware most of the time so watch what you use.

BIOS settings?
Have you changed drive letters?
Is the drive recognized?
Is the disk recognized?
Scratches on disk?
Dust in the drive?

This. You can troubleshoot this problem without the use of any 3rd party programs outside of windows.

First thing I'd check on the list is if your drive is recognized by windows then after that you can check the disk and BIOS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: