Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future table downloads/trainer links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlipFloppy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Future table downloads/trainer links Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
With games becoming more and more online and laws are passed constantly to take away your rights to your own possessions, I think it's better to move the tables and trainers section to a place not owned by me.

If I may offer an alternative interpretation of the facts.

A DDOS is a highly organized endeavor, it's also somewhat illegal both to set up and to perform an attack once it's been set up. It's highly organized because it must be planned way in advance with the first step of making a specific software with very specific functions. Typically, it's a virus that infects computers. This virus has functions that; connect to a command link (irc channel for example), listen for commands, execute those commands. It's also a silent and innocuous virus so it does not disrupt the infected computer's normal functions otherwise, i.e. the person who's computer is infected is unlikely to see anything different, unless he's using it while the computer is performing a DDOS.

A copyright notice is perfectly legal and above-board. This means for it to be legitimate, it must not be associated with any illegal or suspicious activity, i.e. a DDOS attack for example. Therefore, the highly unlikely simultaneous occurrence of a DDOS attack and a copyright notice cannot lead one to conclude that a legitimate organization such as Bethesda is responsible for either of them. Also, a copyright notice must be absolutely specific, i.e. it cannot target an entire site with vague details, it must specify the exact item or action that infringes the copyright - a sound track from a game for example - with screenshots or links to the infringing item or action if possible. Think of Google and Youtube for example, it gets thousands of copyright notices every day, every single one of them is highly specific, none of them targets the entire Google organization.

In practice, a DDOS attack is not done by the person who would benefit from the attack, i.e. it's a service offered and obtained in exchange for money. Why else would one set up a few hundred computers with a silent virus? For his own purpose? And what purpose would that be? Some vigilante justice? Since it's a paid-for service, there's an inherent limit to the extent and duration of a DDOS attack, i.e. the client doesn't have an unlimited supply of money.

So, instead of concluding that it's the Law and some official authority who's after you, it's a "oh for fuck's sake, some douche bag is fucking with my business so his business comes out on top in the end". See?

Now let's imagine we're the douche bags, to see how we'd proceed and why we'd proceed in this fashion. A DDOS attack is a fear tactic, the sole purpose is to instill fear in the victim. Nobody knows who's doing it, nobody knows why, except of course the douche bag himself. Not knowing leads the victim to imagine the worse. Well, what's the worse that could happen to Cheat Engine? You got it - the site operator gets slapped with a copyright notice, goes to court to defend himself, loses cuz he doesn't have any money for lawyers, gets fined thousands, can't pay that either, Cheat Engine dies a lonely death never to be seen again. Douche bag wins. That's the worse a victim could imagine, but now we're confirming the victim's worse fear - we slap him with a fake copyright notice from a very popular legitimate organization - Bethesda in this case - but most importantly one with lots and lots of money to go to court so that the victim is now convinced he's gonna lose.

Fortunately for people with brains, it's very easy to see that any legitimate organization who would use DDOS would soon lose its legitimate status if anybody found out they did that, so it's obviously not that. Instead, it's a douche bag paying another douche bag a couple hundred bucks for a day's DDOS.

Based on the above, you have a choice. Bend over and kill Cheat Engine yourself, thereby giving the douche bag everything he wants without throwing a single punch. Or throw a few punches of your own. First punch - send a reply directly to Bethesda asking to confirm (or deny, much more likely) the copyright notice. Make this reply look all official and such, so that Bethesda takes it as seriously as it must because it's a legal reply to a legal notice. Once you've done that, post the entire thing on your front page so others understand that there's nothing legitimate about the DDOS and the fake copyright notice you got, so they can throw punches of their own to defend themselves when they get attacked in a similar fashion.

My advice to you - don't let the douche bags win.

===

Since Cheat Engine is a program specifically intended to break rules, it can lead one to conclude one's moral failure. Well, that's a slippery slope to take. It could cause one to surrender immediately if one is accused of or found to commit some other moral failure, i.e. copyright infringement for example. Let's put the facts straight on cheating in games once and for all. If done in a multiplayer game, and only one person does it, it's a moral failure, but hardly deserving of anything more serious than being banished from the game itself, and it's done all the time and it never goes any further than that, that's the end of it. If it's done in a multiplayer game, but everybody does it (because the game's server operator set up his server with cheats enabled, with bolded flashing text that says "THIS SERVER ENABLES CHEATS SO HAVE A LAUGH), it's not cheating, period. If it's done in a single-player game, it's not cheating, instead it's exactly like masturbating - who the fuck is going to presume to have the authority to dictate if and how I should or should not be pulling on my fucking dick for my own pleasure and entertainment, ya?

But more importantly, the rules where Cheat Engine are intended to be used to break have not been dictated by some higher authority, but by some guy with a computer writing code, and while the code itself might by protected by copyright, the rules are not. There's not a single fucking Law that can punish anybody on this entire fucking planet for cheating in a fucking computer game, nor can any such argument be valid in court or in any other legal setting.

Big Bang Theory, Sheldon gets his beloved pet stolen. Police officer says "We have no jurisdiction over...Pandora."

-edit-

I got some of the facts wrong (not specifically Bethesda, but instead a group called Entertainment Software Association, which includes various game publishers including Bethesda), nevertheless nothing in the substance of my post changes, it remains a valid point otherwise especially with respect to the unlikely simultaneous occurrence of a DDOS and a copyright notice. My post is especially valid now that I learned that Cheat Engine is not the only cheat site to have been targeted by a DDOS attack in a very narrow time frame, i.e. MrAntifun's website for example. The most pertinent point is that if a legitimate organization hires the services of a DDOSer, and is found out at some point, any and all legal action taken in association with the DDOS is going to fail instantly in court, with corresponding compensation awarded to defendant. Even the mere appearance of association by coincidence is going to act to the detriment of the plaintiff.

I maintain my suggestion to contact Bethesda directly (go for their legal department directly, and do it for all ESA members, not just Bethesda), because Bethesda is represented by ESA, and surely would have full knowledge of and agreement to the legal notice sent in their name by virtue of being a member of ESA. Furthermore, ESA would not act of their own initiative thereby forcing its members to follow suit against their wishes, nor would its members allow such initiative to be taken without their full knowledge or consent.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Future table downloads/trainer links Reply with quote

FlipFloppy wrote:
There's not a single fucking Law that can punish anybody on this entire fucking planet for cheating in a fucking computer game, nor can any such argument be valid in court or in any other legal setting.

Wrong - http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=526

MAF had a shitty host, he wasn't getting ddosed (he admitted himself).

It's funny how little you guys know about the law yet offer advice like an oldass genius of a corporate lawyer. I think the advice given here is more tragic than the whole situation Laughing Come on, don't you guys think DB confirmed it was indeed ESA the second he received an email ? Just do some reading first before you write these wall of texts

PS: So if cheating is masturbation, what is sex ? because i would like to do that more

FlipFloppy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Future table downloads/trainer links Reply with quote

STN wrote:
FlipFloppy wrote:
There's not a single fucking Law that can punish anybody on this entire fucking planet for cheating in a fucking computer game, nor can any such argument be valid in court or in any other legal setting.

Wrong - http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=526

MAF had a shitty host, he wasn't getting ddosed (he admitted himself).

It's funny how little you guys know about the law yet offer advice like an oldass genius of a corporate lawyer. I think the advice given here is more tragic than the whole situation :lol: Come on, don't you guys think DB confirmed it was indeed ESA the second he received an email ? Just do some reading first before you write these wall of texts

PS: So if cheating is masturbation, what is sex ? because i would like to do that more

Blizzard claims DMCA applies, but that's not Law, it's opinion from plaintiff. Judge decision to assume jurisdiction, accept complaint and proceed with hearing is also not Law, it's opinion from judge. Due to absence of defendant, Law is not going to be tested. Instead, defendant will continue with appeal to dismiss based on lack of jurisdiction, again Law will not be tested. Instead of news article, cite actual court judgement, otherwise, maybe you should take own advice about legal advice, ya?

I didn't say "cheating is like masturbation". I said "cheating in single-player is exactly like masturbation". My advice to you - learn to quote properly so that context is maintained and you do not cause further confusion beyond your own. But to answer your question, if single-player cheating is like masturbation, then sex would be multi-player, and cheating in sex would be like rape where one party gives himself an advantage over the other party, or when one party says "I'm wearing a condom" when in fact he is not or the condom broke but doesn't want to admit that, or when a party says "I'm on the pill" when in fact she is not, or when one party says "I don't have any STD's", and so forth. So, if indeed you "would like to do that more", then you should reconsider what you're admitting to on a public forum, ya?

Considering your confusion about news article vs court judgement and about Law vs opinion and about masturbation vs sex and the equivalent concept of cheating as it applies to that, I doubt any other quote or citation from you is any more accurate. I do respect your opinion and wish you the best, but as far as I'm concerned, you have not made a compelling case that would reduce my opinion's value in any way.
OriKlein
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the bullshit fluff the lawsuit claim (as per usual, gotta stack up shit for any possible venue for a case, even if you know the chance is slim), the only thing Blizzard managed to win for at the German Supreme Court were some anti-competition laws.

Quote:
"The verdict is an important signal for all computer game developers who want to defend themselves against the distribution of bot and cheat programs for their games. The BGH has clarified that the distribution of bot programs for online games is anti-competitive and does not have to be taken by the computer game developer. The decision is also in the interest of all honest players, who want to compete in a genuine competition with other teammates."

It wasn't for DMCA, it wasn't for hacking, it wasn't for cheating, it wasn't for selling cheats, it was for making business in a way that stifles competition.

Hilariously absurd, ain't it?

As for the US lawsuit (and an ambiguous UK one, according to Bossland's site), Blizz will have a very hard time to enforce anything.
And Bossland seems determined to fight them every inch of the way.
One thing for sure, Blizz will have a very hard time to recoup any money or get them sent to jail for this.

And I agree with FlipFloppey, unless a company can prove that you somehow caused them extreme damages and/or made profit yourself from you cheating in their game, the most they can do is ban you and cut your use of their service as per the ToS. That's all.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they can drag you to court. That's no fun, is it?
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:
Or they can drag you to court. That's no fun, is it?

I wonder how that would work in case a) you are living in your own country and b) you are not violating any laws of your own country.
If that worked, the US should have had Osama Bin Laden in a week, lol
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

I wonder how that would work in case a) you are living in your own country and b) you are not violating any laws of your own country.
If that worked, the US should have had Osama Bin Laden in a week, lol

Huh? Isn't the point of the court to find out if one is guilty or not. If you could only be dragged to court if it was known for sure that you broke some law then what's the point of court?.

MasterVegito
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far none of you DB defendants provded a single statue that would prove Beth's or Blizz's point.

It's a common practice for big companies to treat people like idiots, to scare them with law suits, because most people are worthless cowards and will pay anything to not get into trouble, even if they don't have to. DB is perhaps such an idividual. If he was really as torublesome, he would have been behind bars ages ago or dead.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterVegito wrote:
If he was really as torublesome, he would have been behind bars ages ago or dead.

You have been watching too many western movies Laughing

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this forum had a retard filter.
Meiyoh
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
I wish this forum had a retard filter.

Agree brother. Agree! Laughing

Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could hack retards' brain with CE.
FlameG102
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>ponyfag being a faggot
boy I sure am surprised
darkedone02
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I wish I could hack retards' brain with CE.
careful, you could be labeled as a cyber terrorist in the near future if you keep saying that.
FlipFloppy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just occurs to me that CE is open source, which means any claim of copyright violation must be targeted to the specific contributor(s) related to the alleged infraction, not merely the present holder/repository of the code/software that contains the offending code.

This means, for example, nobody could target github for a potential copyright violation by one code in one software stored on its servers. But one could ask github to remove the offending code/software until complaint has been decided in court. But if I understand correctly, that's not what the complaint was meant to do.

Instead, it's meant to target the intended purpose of the offending software with regards to potential copyright violation of plaintiff's own code/software. But that's a sort of vigilante claim where the plaintiff claims to act for the benefit of all, not just for himself, because for the claim to be valid for the plaintiff specifically, it would have to demonstrate that the intended purpose of the offending software is not just to "potentially violate anybody's copyright", but to specifically violate plaintiff's copyright. As far as I'm aware, CE can be used to "violate" anybody's copyright in the sense claimed by plaintiff. However, the same can be said of a hex editor, a computer, a smartphone, the entire internet, and so forth, for their respective potential intended purpose as instruments to be used in the violation of anybody's copyright, let alone plaintiff's copyright. Plaintiff is not going after those if I'm not mistaken. But maybe plaintiff wants to establish precedent first so that it can go after those later?

At this point it should be obvious to everybody that the complaint/notice cannot possibly be legitimate.

The point is I'm not an expert and I thought of everything I wrote above. Who would believe that a genuine expert would not at least think of the same, especially an expert who would be advising the plaintiff in an attempt to convince the plaintiff of the legitimacy of his complaint?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: