Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surgeon Simulator Anniversary Edition help required
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
To clarify: CE (Cheat Engine) is not a tutorial or a game. The CE tutorial is a tutorial. Any game that you are referring to is not relevant and does not apply to my previous comment.

Attach CE to the CE tutorial. Once you find the value for health (or whatever), right-click on it to see what is accessing it. You may not see any results populate the debugger list until you click 'hit me' again (or whatever) and that health value changes inside of the CE tutorial. Once that happens, you should see a result populate the debugger list.
Sorry this isn't making any sense. Could you list the specific instructions, the order of them?

Going back to the fact I have over 2000 pointers for Surgeon Simulator what am I supposed to do with the base addresses?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I think I give up. Razz
pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
I'm sorry, but I think I give up. Razz
I feel like giving up as well. I have the 2000+ base addresses but have no idea what to do with them. I tried adding one to CE and it immediately killed my character, and crashing the game.

Did I tell you this game's health isn't static? Blood loss in this game means you continue losing blood until you use a syringe. I'm not sure if that's the reason I'm having trouble finding the correct pointer?
pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone know what to do with the 2000 pointers/base addresses I currently have?
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Different games are different. Some games could give ten valid pointers after many rescans while others could give ten thousand. If you're only making the table for yourself, just pick a pointer that works and use it. Save the last rescan in case the one you picked ever stops working.

If you plan on distributing the table (and are adamant on using the pointer scanner), give the pointer scan files to someone else and have them scan it on their computer a couple times. Any of the remaining pointers should be fine for most people.

pferreira wrote:
I tried adding one to CE and it immediately killed my character, and crashing the game.

Adding a memory record to the address list won't crash the game. You either modified an invalid pointer (do better rescans) or you modified it in a way you weren't suppose to (learn about the value you're modifying).

pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Adding a memory record to the address list won't crash the game. You either modified an invalid pointer (do better rescans) or you modified it in a way you weren't suppose to (learn about the value you're modifying).
I was doing it correctly. What base address out of 2000+ should I be looking for that won't crash the game?
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheat Engine Tutorial Guide (x32)

Cheat Engine Tutorial Guide (x64)

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
Cheat Engine Tutorial Guide (x32)

Cheat Engine Tutorial Guide (x64)
I hate to say this but that's way too complex for me. I wouldn't know where to begin.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a walk-through, showing you how to complete each step of the CE tutorial. All you need to do is read it and follow each step. You can begin at the top/beginning (choose 32bit if you have a 32bit OS).
pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
It is a walk-through, showing you how to complete each step of the CE tutorial. All you need to do is read it and follow each step. You can begin at the top/beginning (choose 32bit if you have a 32bit OS).
But I don't even know what stage I'm at. Following the online video tutorials that I have that linked tutorial doesn't even look like it applies to me. I have all the pointers, I just need to know what to do next, which base address I should pick out of the 2000+
Filipe_Br
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a list of large pointers, and they all work, use any of them. If you have a large list of pointers and do not know which one works, then do a reescan of pointers on your list to find the correct pointer.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pferreira -- What we do requires time and effort to learn. You need to put in the time and put forth the effort. It's as simple as that. Start at the beginning and work your way through. Few people are going to be willing to spoon-feed you what you want unless you are willing to listen and show some effort.
pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filipe_Br wrote:
If you have a list of large pointers, and they all work, use any of them. If you have a large list of pointers and do not know which one works, then do a reescan of pointers on your list to find the correct pointer.
Not all of them work. I tried one and it not only made the blood loss do down to zero in less than a second but crashed the game. Rescanning doesn't work as the number stated above is as far as I can narrow it down.

++METHOS wrote:
pferreira -- What we do requires time and effort to learn. You need to put in the time and put forth the effort. It's as simple as that. Start at the beginning and work your way through. Few people are going to be willing to spoon-feed you what you want unless you are willing to listen and show some effort.
All I need to know is if I have 2000+ base addresses from scanning for pointers which would I be looking for to use. According to online video tutorials I should be near the end but because I have more than four bases addresses I need help figuring out how to narrow what I have to the correct base addresses. It would be helpful if one of you guys tried to do this with me and see if you ran into the same problem.
Filipe_Br
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to POINTER SCAN using Cheat Engine
pferreira
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filipe_Br wrote:
How to POINTER SCAN using Cheat Engine
Yep, that's one of the tutorials I used before where I learned to do it. I got 2300+ results and I can't narrow it down any more.

Again I'm not sure if it's worth stating but what I'm looking for to change is not a static value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: