Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Source code info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doege
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Source code info Reply with quote

I collect my own notes as I learn in case it is helpful to some.

No one can study a project inside notepad. One needs proper IDE.

So the CE Project just says it is made with Delphi. Closer look suggests not just any Delphi such as XE2 or Berlin. Old posts indicate Free pascal and Lazarus IDE. I will install those and see what happens. freepascal org and lazarus-ide org

Quote:
Getting Started
Get, install and launch Lazarus which will also make the Free Pascal Compiler available.

Lazarus downloads page explains nothing between "Windows (32 and 64 Bits) Direct download" and "Windows (32 Bits) Add ons" I pick the former since add-ons sound like something I do not want, and install with the default options.

I get the latest CE source code from github. I open Lazarus IDE, navigate to CE source and apply the project file filter in the open window. I find cheatengine.lpi project file and click open. An error saying my 32 bit version does not support 64 bit target. I click ok and the project opens.

I see forms and source. Very nice... very nice. I am free to explore the code and can easily find the parts that interest me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: