Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help/Teach me] Angel Stone, and complex cheat engine hacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ageofmyth
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: [Help/Teach me] Angel Stone, and complex cheat engine hacks Reply with quote

Hello CEF, I'm here today because I've been trying to use CE to hack a Unity engine game called Angel Stone. It's a mobile and Facebook game, and I've been trying to hack the facebook version since characters/accounts can cross over to the mobile version. Pardon my French, but if this game is considered a Flash Game, please move this post to the Flash subforum, instead of locking it.

Finding the values is simple enough. First, I attach to the game using the plugin-container process underneath the Firefox.exe process. Using a 4 byte scan, I can look up the values for hp/gold/etc (the addresses usally come in pairs of two, see picture attached). But altering said values doesn't affect anything. Finding the first pointers are also really simple. It's the part after that I'm having trouble with. I can find the full pointer chain for the first HP address. But the second often leads to an infinite loop of pointer searching, or at least, to the point of, I don't want to put in the effort to systematically pointer search hundreds of addresses, each with the potential to have more pointers.(see attached picture)

The questions I have are these:
1: Is Angel stone hackable? I understand the definitions of client sided hacks and server sided hacks, but it's hard tell with my current experience with cheat engine whether or not these values are server sided. From my perspective, it seems like if I dig a bit deeper I may be able to find a way to actually alter the values, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to learn/do next.
2: If Angel Stone is hacked by someone on this forum, and posts a reply here, can you please explain in detail how you did it? IS there a strategy or way to notice patterns in the code so I can be more efficient in searching addresses? Is there a more advance technique that may be able to break the code? I'm trying to learn, but as a cheater with no real foundation of knowledge, turning this into a lesson would be immensely helpful for future endeavors with Unity games.

Apologies in advance if I broke any rules. I did try to read them before I posted, but I will admit I skimmed over some of the posts.

agnel stone hack test 1.png
 Description:
Trying to find pointers for HP in Angel stone.
 Filesize:  37.03 KB
 Viewed:  6918 Time(s)

agnel stone hack test 1.png

ageofmyth
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread update + bump
As of 2/05/2017, I started looking into Pointer Scanning. It's possible that the 2 values I kept finding were for the visual representation of the HP. Each address could be narrowed down to a little over 1000 pointers pointing at it. All pointers worked. Could not narrow it down to one static address.

Doing a Double scan using Unknown Initial Value came up with three addresses instead of two (the first two addresses were the same, but the represented values were different. Something along the lines of 3.100e-100 instead of 20-30,000. Will have to rescan and get the actual exact values.) Freezing the third address failed to alter the value. My guess is that HP server sided, although doing some research turned up an old Modded APK file for the mobile version claiming to contain an infinite mana mod). I'll do a pointer scan for each of the Double addresses and if I find anything, I'll update this post.

I still have a feeling that hacking this game is possible though. Maybe instead of trying to find the HP from the character menu, I have to be in a single-player instance/dungeon and scan from there. Will try each of these options in turn. If anyone has suggestions, let me know

angel stone hack 2.png
 Description:
Testing for gold using Double Scan
 Filesize:  10.29 KB
 Viewed:  6793 Time(s)

angel stone hack 2.png

Last edited by ageofmyth on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If changing the value doesn't do anything, changing a pointer to the value isn't going to do anything. You're still changing the same value.

Try completely disconnecting from the internet. If you can still play the game normally, it's possible to change anything in the game. If you can't and don't know what that means, you should probably give up.

Do you see the menu item labeled "Mono" at the top of the main window? It isn't there for all types of games, but Unity is one of them. Look into it and your life may become a bit easier.

ageofmyth
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying so fast. I did what you suggested and the game was not playable without an internet connection. That means the values are server sided right? Tried a few other options including gold in a dungeon instance and found a 4 byte value. Changing the value did nothing. Forgot to check Double value though.

As for the mono options, there were a lot to go through. I looked at a tutorial video and got an idea of what to look for. I searched for gold and found a few instances under some class files. Trying to look into the code gave me some roadblocks, but a few potentials came up, including the one in the picture below. Most of the class files may be related to purely visual aesthetics though. Will have to look into it more when I have time. Will also have to look at other potential values like health, skill cooldowns, etc.

Will update this post when this post when I have more information.

angel stone 3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.1 KB
 Viewed:  6783 Time(s)

angel stone 3.png

angelstonehack
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I know this is years old but wanted to see if you’ve ever figured it out?

I know people have hacked the game because they have battle points that are 10x any other players. I’d love to know how to do it so I can finally complete everything in the game for my toon and move on to something else.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: