Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm starting a public humiliation diet.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a good idea?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: I'm starting a public humiliation diet. Reply with quote

I've always been a bit chunky, but over the last 3 years I've went from slightly over-weight to now obese. I've tried diets before but never could last longer than a few weeks because I am the type of person that just can't keep up the diet motivation.

I've resorted to an idea I just thought of: publicly humiliating myself on social media by posting my weight every week. On Facebook and Twitter I have hundreds of friends, family, ex-girlfriends, church members, and co-workers as followers that would see these humiliating posts. In theory this is supposed to give me more self-motivation because if I fail to lose weight, I am a laughing stock.

Is this a good idea?
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no because
1. no one actually cares about how much you weigh, you wont actually be a laughing stock
2. once you stop, you will gain the weight back, and will feel worse about yourself
3. you have a "diet" mindset. stop, and realize food is only a necessity and that the only reason you eat is to provide your body and mind the nutrients it needs, and that you wont eat less or healthier because you need to at the moment but need to permanently, for the rest of your life, until you die
4. you'd probably be better off exercising more rather than eating less. cut out all sugary drinks and obvious over-processed sweets and start exercising more

honestly i am terribly annoyed by diet culture (it is present in many hobbies i enjoy) and wish people would just shut the fuck up, exercise, and eat normal shit like a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, animal products, and throw in fermented food which sounds abnormal, but is only so because its not very popular in the west (this is why asians look younger) its all in the mindset. stay positive, apply the mindset to all aspects of your life. ive personally lost around 50lbs and now find it really hard to even put the weight back on by staying active

oh and thinspo in the form of hawt grrillz is good motivation+goals
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, I wouldn't do that. Best bet is to lowkey lose it. Spend some time looking up proper nutrition, macros, etc. Start counting calories. It's honestly way more important what and how much you are eating than how much exercise you do. If you simply eat well and eat less energy than your body uses to regulate itself, you can sit around doing shit all and lose it. Mix in some exercise and you'll be looking fit in no time.

Then, once you are looking hot af, you let your social media friends know, so they can all tell you how great you look and you can enjoy that female attention.

And ye, what brolock said, look at thinso grills and remember girls like that generally only go after fit dudes, and become one.
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a laughing stock because of how retarded you are, not how fat you are, retard.

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure like hacko said its important how much and what you're eating, but exercising is fun and eating a lot is also fun. i see no reason to eat less and exercise less

but honestly dont do it only for the girls, do it for your own body and realize how important your body is in connection to your mind and the reason why you should keep it healthy. alzheimers is now recognized as type 3 diabetes

and youll feel shitty when you realize that despite a good body you may still have a shitty personality
BreakinGods
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fermented foods do you recommend Brolock, like Kim Chi? Beers are fermented will that work
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreakinGods wrote:
What fermented foods do you recommend Brolock, like Kim Chi? Beers are fermented will that work
i enjoy kimchi, sauerkraut, and kombucha which is a drink (and whose effectiveness is debatable). you cant go wrong with yogurt though (well you can if you are someone who thinks dairy is bad/body has negative reaction to dairy)

some say small amounts like a glass a day of wine or even beer can be good for you. but i dont think they have any probiotic qualities

ultimately, you shouldn't be picking out one or two healthy things to eat/drink/do but aim for them all, and just keep an eye out and see how your body reacts to different things, and how those different things make you feel mentally
HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
You're a laughing stock because of how retarded you are, not how fat you are, retard.

This. And also, self esteem/image issues actually tend to worsen your weight by increasing it, not reducing it.

To summarize my citation:

" Experiencing weight stigma may be stressful and stress affects eating/weight gain.
This model may provide understanding of why obesity remains an intractable problem."

(Source: ScienceDirect)
cokefag
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroIock wrote:
Channel GannoK wrote:

This. And also, self esteem/image issues actually tend to worsen your weight by increasing it, not reducing it.

" Experiencing weight stigma may be stressful and stress affects eating/weight gain.
This model may provide understanding of why obesity remains an intractable problem."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15590223

weight loss associated with internal locus of control
aka when people dont blame their weight on all this other shit and take matters into their own hands, they have a significant loss of weight (p < 0.01)
not posted to discredit your finding, but just noting it seems to be a common thing that once you reliquinsh all your responsibility to external forces like "oh no im so unlucky" or "muh genetics", you don't get anywhere in your life
im sure i can find a lot of other studies finding a relationship between internal locus of control and ____________
HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokefag wrote:
BroIock wrote:
Channel GannoK wrote:

<link removed>

aka when people dont blame their weight on all this other shit and take matters into their own hands, they have a significant loss of weight (p < 0.01)
not posted to discredit your finding, but just noting it seems to be a common thing that once you reliquinsh all your responsibility to external forces like "oh no im so unlucky" or "muh genetics", you don't get anywhere in your life
im sure i can find a lot of other studies finding a relationship between internal locus of control and ____________

Bonus points for paying attention in psych. However, minus points for not being able to differentiate between locus of control vs depression induced negative self image.
akumakuja28
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just start bodybuilding. You cam try to eat whatever you want but I guarantee by the end of the first month your diet will change ALOT. The bacteria in gut will get adjusted to taking in more protien. Not to mention the hormonal changes for the better. A raise in testosterone will benefit weight loss more then any fucking diet in the world.

My source: 6 years lifting.

Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokefag wrote:
BroIock wrote:
Channel GannoK wrote:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15590223

they need to do these studies in relation to everything. your statement "you don't get anywhere in your life" extends way beyond losing weight. gotta stay positive, assertive, in control of your own existence
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
no because
1. no one actually cares about how much you weigh, you wont actually be a laughing stock
2. once you stop, you will gain the weight back, and will feel worse about yourself
3. you have a "diet" mindset. stop, and realize food is only a necessity and that the only reason you eat is to provide your body and mind the nutrients it needs, and that you wont eat less or healthier because you need to at the moment but need to permanently, for the rest of your life, until you die
4. you'd probably be better off exercising more rather than eating less. cut out all sugary drinks and obvious over-processed sweets and start exercising more

honestly i am terribly annoyed by diet culture (it is present in many hobbies i enjoy) and wish people would just shut the fuck up, exercise, and eat normal shit like a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, animal products, and throw in fermented food which sounds abnormal, but is only so because its not very popular in the west (this is why asians look younger) its all in the mindset. stay positive, apply the mindset to all aspects of your life. ive personally lost around 50lbs and now find it really hard to even put the weight back on by staying active

oh and thinspo in the form of hawt grrillz is good motivation+goals

I agree for the most part. I would add that variety in your diet is important, but if you truly want to lose weight, you need to go below your total daily energy expenditure. Calculate your base metabolic rate, and eat like 400~500 above that number on days you exercise. The ideal daily macro's to be on are as follows:

protein: 1 gram x your bodyweight in KG * 2
fat: 1 gram x your bodyweight in KG
fiber: around 20 grams a day
carbs: whatever you need to in order to hit your BMR

So for me my macro's look like this when I exercise on a cut day at 2300 kcal deficit diet:
protein: 1 gram * 80KG * 2 = 160 grams of protein * 4kcal = 640 kcal
fat: 1 gram * 80KG = 80 grams of fat * 9kcal = 720 kcal of fat
fiber: 20 grams * 2kcal = 40 kcal of fiber
carbs: 225 grams * 4kcal = 900kcal of carbohydrates

Eating under your TDEE will make you lose the weight, no question. But eating the right foods while you eat at a deficit is key too, not for losing weight, but for your health.
cokefag
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroIock wrote:
cokefag wrote:
BroIock wrote:
Channel GannoK wrote:

<link removed>

Bonus points for paying attention in psych. However, minus points for not being able to differentiate between locus of control vs depression induced negative self image.

again i wasnt trying to refute your point
im just saying that for op, the study i linked should be more useful than his idea
and as brolock said, this probably applies to a great % of things in life beyond just losing weight
e.g. addicts who believe they are in control (addiction is a result of their choices) rather than being told "its a disease and its not your fault, you can't do anything about it" have higher rates of getting over the addiction without relapse
BreakinGods
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
BreakinGods wrote:
i enjoy kimchi, sauerkraut, and kombucha which is a drink (and whose effectiveness is debatable). you cant go wrong with yogurt though (well you can if you are someone who thinks dairy is bad/body has negative reaction to dairy)

some say small amounts like a glass a day of wine or even beer can be good for you. but i dont think they have any probiotic qualities

ultimately, you shouldn't be picking out one or two healthy things to eat/drink/do but aim for them all, and just keep an eye out and see how your body reacts to different things, and how those different things make you feel mentally
Kombucha has become extremely popular lately - I may have to try it. I'm going to start eating more fermented foods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: