Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SOLVED]Seeking DOA5 Hack (offline, of course). Paying $200.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyperglyph
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: [SOLVED]Seeking DOA5 Hack (offline, of course). Paying $200. Reply with quote

Update 1/13/2017: It appears the hack is working, so this request is cancelled. I'll spend a few days polishing it up before posting it to the Release forum (wherever that is).

Original Post Below:

Game Name: Dead or Alive 5 : Last Round
Game Version: v1.08A (a.k.a. Steam's latest version)
Options Required: See Below
Paying: $200, two hundred dollars

Other Info:
I picked up DOA in the Winter Sale. All was well and good until I noticed it didn't have an A.I. versus A.I. option... which has totally sucked the joy out of my month. My favorite thing about fighting games is (by far) sitting back and watching the A.I. duke it out with itself like some sort of gaming Caesar.

After getting pissed off, and then depressed, I googled around and found CE. For the last week, I've been trying to find... well... something. So far, I've put about 40 hours and two all-nighters into this thing, but with college classes starting I can't keep it up.

So, I'm here to find someone who understands the deeper workings of assembly code better than me and my "C++ hobbyist" friends do.

TL;DR a.k.a. The Job:
I want a hack, of any sort, that will allow for AI vs AI fights in Versus modes (Single, Tag... and if possible, Team). It must work for all characters & stages. I don't need it to be simple, but that'd be nice.

What I know so far:
DOA5 already has a "Spectator" mode, where the AI does fight itself. Sadly, that mode is both hud-less and endless and thus, utterly boring. It is, however, a proof of concept that the AI can be on both sides of the battlefield at once. Also, DOA allows the player to choose which side (Player 1 or Player 2) they want to control... which is further proof that the AI isn't restricted to any one team and can play both.

All that gives me hope that this isn't impossible.

As for my own efforts, all I've managed to do is disable the player controls, swap the select fighter screens and find some game state flags (in decimal, not hex).
6 = Versus Mode, 12 = Spectator/Exhibition mode
The other numbers are various other things like Team Fight, Time Trial, etc.
Changing the value while on the stage select screen will result in the mode being changed when the fight begins.
Unfortunately, I lost track of the addresses. I'd thought they were static, but it looks like they weren't.
I have also learned that most of the addresses are updated when the player enters/exits the fighter select screen... and the fighters are loaded AFTER picking a stage... which makes the stage select screen the ideal place to change things.

DOA is now free to play, so anyone who wants to try this can give it a shot.

... and like the sign says, I'm willing to pay two hundred dollars bucks to stop obsessing over this.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep banging my head against this wall of code.

Last edited by Hyperglyph on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hyperglyph
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSA: This job is on hold for the moment. I may have a working hack. I'll post more once I've had some time to test things out. Anyone who's working on this, feel free to continue... just be aware that this request might be cancelled in the next couple of days.
Doomsickle0
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unrelated to question but....

You would enjoy SaltyBet on twitch.tv.

nonstop mugen AI fights where you bet on the winner(with fake money).

Virtually endless list of characters can make for some hilarious match ups
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: