Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[TuT] for Emulators/Roms easy to follow steps.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you find this useful?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 14 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Cake-san
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinPoint wrote:
In terms of FFVII just searching and filtering the value you see wouldn't work for items.
It uses 2 bytes of information for every item (usable/armour/weapon etc). and there are around 310 items in total.

Usually in most games like final fantasy the potion is the very first item with a 00 value. so you could search for 0 then increased on another item and back to 0 with the potion. assuming you are using the first item slot, this would give you the address for that(where the value corresponds to the item type).

The next byte is the amount of said item. However, with FFVII its not as simple as just what you see. As there are more than 255 items, more than 2 bytes would usually be required to hold the item information. (item id and amount) FFVII gets round this and keeps its 2 byte system by using an odd/even or doubling/doubling +1 method of the value.

For example, say you have a 2 potions in the first slot, the corresponding bytes will read 00 04. this means there are 2 potions in the slot. if it were 00 198 this would mean there are 99 potions in the slot.
How would it signify the 256th item then? just +1 to the amount byte. so 00 04 changing to 00 05 would mean 4 iron bangles in the slot as the iron bangle is the 256th item. so odd values are used for items 256-310 and even values are use for items 0-255.

Just anothter method of how items are stored I thought i would mention.

This's old thread (not that old -_-):
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5364296&sid=103d26fca5cc2b885236727a292c1e81

Why did you need that many item's value though.

PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean why that many? in terms of in the memory editor or in game? 198 in byte because that is 99 in game (When i look at memory view i change it to byte dec also, or it would be c6 normally)

Never saw that thread, Ill try it.

EDIT:

Just checked it, his is for items when you are in battle, where there are 6 bytes per item.
My post was describing items in the normal menu outside of battle where there are only 2 bytes per item. my post explains why the big number
Cake-san
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinPoint wrote:
what do you mean why that many? in terms of in the memory editor or in game? 198 in byte because that is 99 in game (When i look at memory view i change it to byte dec also, or it would be c6 normally)

Never saw that thread, Ill try it.

EDIT:

Just checked it, his is for items when you are in battle, where there are 6 bytes per item.
My post was describing items in the normal menu outside of battle where there are only 2 bytes per item. my post explains why the big number

I see, I know nothing Laughing

PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I see, I know nothing Laughing

I doubt that xD

Im pretty sure the script you linked though will only work when you are in battle as the memory is allocated for something else in the normal game world.
Darkness250
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Something I forgot to add: It makes everything easier on Cheat Engine if you scan something 256, and below at 1 byte, and its something like exp, or money. You can right click the value in the box below and switch it to a 4byte type and enter any desired amount

That's cool! Thanks man Very Happy
Rekkoz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Db Fusions us Reply with quote

Need some help to search for a ultra gauge because it doesnt have a value dunno what to do
LetMeKnow
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: [TuT] for Emulators/Roms easy to follow steps. Reply with quote

saintx18 wrote:
Before Reading:
Red is used for important values
Blue is used for important side notes and things to acknowledge

Open CE and select your emulator from the process list.

Open desired game.

(Use Exact Value for all scans)

Use the following Scan type (Byte) for: Ammo, Items, Levels, Stats, 1-Ups, Upgrades and Power-ups. (Sometimes HP/Energy Amounts)

Example 1 - Say you have 10 potions.
Step 1:Scan 10
Step 2:Use one
Step 3:Scan for 9
Step 4:Repeat 2&3 Till one or few addresses remain.
Step 5:You can either increase it to 99 or freeze the value

Example 2 - Energy (Super Metroid as an example).
Step 1:You have 99 Energy
Step 2:Take a hit
Step 3:Say you have 85 now Scan that
Step 4:Repeat 2&3 until you have Step 5
Step 5:you should have about 3 values left
Step 6,7 and 8:Select them > Freeze > God Mode On.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Use (2Bytes) for: Most of the time its money. Exp, HP, MP and Energy. Follow Example in 4byte below for money.

HP - just follow Example 2 above.

Example - EXP(For next Level used to get to next level faster)
Step 1: Say you have 256 (<-Scan) exp and you need 782 for your next level.
Step 2: Enter a Battle/Kill something and wait till the end of the fight.
Step 3: Check your status screen again... say... 362 is your new Value (676 needed for next level now)
Step 4: Scan it.
Step 5: Repeat 2,3&4 till 1 or few values remain.
Step 6: Add that value with remaining exp and subtract 1 and you'll only need 1 Exp (For Example 362 + 676 = 1038 - 1 = 1037)
Step 7: See Tips.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Use (4Bytes) for: Money (GP Gil Silver Whatever), Scores, Exp and other values that exceed 255 or 65535.

Example - Your score is... 0009450
Step 1:Enter Value 9450
Step 2:If more than 1 value comes up do the Following
Step 3:Kill something or whatever and end up with... 0010450
Step 4:Scan 10450
Step 5:Repeat 3&4
Step 6:Change to desired amount (If its score, Make it look legit if you wanna impress someone or beat a friend's score)

[(Money works the same way for above example) Replace Step 3 with: Earn or sell for money. Certain games use 2byte.]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Use (8byte) For: Scores.
Few games go over the billion mark [4byte (0-4,294,967,295)]

Extreme Pinball for PSX I think scores for one of the tables go up into the hundred billions. Not sure. Been a while. But just follow the Example from above and go impress your friends lol.

Use All (byte to double) if all else fails.
or
Unknown Value

Tips:
-For RPG games its better to hack the exp instead of levels so you get the full effect per level. Say if you skip from level 6 to 99. You'll miss out on everything in between. Such as acquired skills and such. So if you're up for a little challenge just skip to level 99 with no benefits.

-Name your addresses by using descriptions. Double click "No Description" and name it to anything that fits it. (e.g. 'Ammo = 9mm,etc' 'Score' 'Character Names: LockeStr, LockeHP, LockeEXP2byte, LockeEXP4byte' 'Money')

-SAVE! always save your work. Remember when you save. these turn into cheat tables, and you can share them with friends or amongst the community. Go To: Flie>Save or Ctrl+S (Shortcut) You may end up with a lot of values and it'll be a pain in the ass to do them all over again. I'm pretty sure the values stay the same since they aren't flash games. Game Shark and etc. use these values too. (Confirmed with FF3)

-Its worth all the work to build these CT's so you don't have to keep going back and entering Game Shark codes or w/e.

-Reason why I have exp in 2 byte and 4 byte is because when Exp and Exp needed for next level exceeds 65535 (e.g. Exp = 60422 and for next level = 5894 Comes out to 66316) The address changes and the Byte changes. Found this out with Final Fantasy 3. So you'll have to find the address again, but keep the old one still. You'll have a 2byte exp and a 4byte exp.

This guide should work for most console based emulators, if not its mainly for SNES then. If anyone can confirm it works for other emulators go for it. I'm too lazy. Ill experiment with PSX and such if I have the time. N64 will be the next thing I try. Hopefully this guide was easy to follow.

Any errors, typos, or whatever let me know. If you want to add anything to this guide feel free to PM me.

Update: Works with Mupen64 so its obvious it works for any emulator. Confirmed on Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: You can freeze rupees, arrows, bombs etc. Increased my rupees in the bank to 5000. May be possible to freeze time and life. I haven't tried.

Update2: Doesn't work with Visual Boy Advance, because Visual Boy Advance has a built in memory reader and ram search.

Short Tutorial on the Ram/Cheat search here:
Code:
http://vba[Dot]ngemu[Dot]com/faq.shtml#cat3_0

Sorry about the [Dot] just replace it. Can't post urls yet.

Also Note that: If you can't find an address be sure to check other byte scans. A value under 256 can be in 4byte scans. Anythings possible. This is how the ram/cheat search works on VBA

Useful way of scanning on VBA if you can't find what you're looking for. Go by # of changes. There's an option you check called "Changes" Next to it is a box you type in the # your value changed. So... Say if you bought something your value changed once so you put 1, then click search and repeat the steps till 1 or few values remain.

With the ram search function on VBA you can switch between byte types to find what you're looking for. If you have a value over 256 on 1byte it'll appear as a negative number say its like 500 it could be -244 and on 4 byte it'll show as a random number. When you add the value it'll move to the "Cheat List" so you can enable and disable at will.

Something I forgot to add: It makes everything easier on Cheat Engine if you scan something 256, and below at 1 byte, and its something like exp, or money. You can right click the value in the box below and switch it to a 4byte type and enter any desired amount

Does this work for Pinball flash games in CE 6.6? I don't know how to change my score could you guide me a little bit more on how to use it in a pinball flash game in Firefox, Chrome etc?
crispy81
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm it works on the PS3 emulator RPCS3 as well.

I am using it on Resident Evil Revelations 2. My issue is whenever a new area loads or a new character is controlled, have to search for infinite ammo again each time, which is annoying. I am not sure how to make an infinite ammo cheat once that covers all weapons on all characters throughout the entire game.

If anyone has any idea's, that would be great.
nrnoble
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Solved! ... internally the game logic is using Zero based values for the number of ships. 0 = one ship remaining, 1= two ships remainingg, 2 = three ships remaining, etc, Thus when starting the game with three ships, I use CE to search for the value of 2.

Looking to get some feedback on how to increase the lives\ships in Space invaders using MAME.

Should be simple. Find the current number of ships in memory, increase the value. So far I have not been able to locate the memory location. Example 3 ships to start the game, ship is destroyed, 2 ships remain.

Tried searching for memory size byte, 2byte, 4byte, 8byte. Given this is an 8 bit game, the location should not be any larger than 2byte.

I have done this many times with other arcade type games. Generally takes than 5 minutes to track down simple values such as number of lives\ships remaining.

Any insights?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: