Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I dislike windows 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the sheep that use windows 10 without questioning that's going to cause the biggest annoyance for me though
More and more people get computers with Windows 10 that have Safe Boot enabled.
The problem with windows 10 and Safe boot (especially new installs starting from august) is that they do not run drivers that are not signed by Microsoft explicitly. You have to send them the driver, and if it's not safe enough or hurts the EcoSystem of windows (e.g kernelmode adblockers, competing products, or things that could potentially bypass DRM, like a memory scanner), they will not sign it.

And it's only a first step, i'm sure eventually all software that runs with Administrator access will need to be signed by them as well, and if they don't like it, screw you

Of course, this requirement is easily disabled if you disable Safe Boot, but most people just piss their pants when you tell them that. And it's likely that certain software will refuse to run in the future if Safe Boot is disabled

mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
It's the sheep that use windows 10 without questioning that's going to cause the biggest annoyance for me though
More and more people get computers with Windows 10 that have Safe Boot enabled.
The problem with windows 10 and Safe boot (especially new installs starting from august) is that they do not run drivers that are not signed by Microsoft explicitly. You have to send them the driver, and if it's not safe enough or hurts the EcoSystem of windows (e.g kernelmode adblockers, competing products, or things that could potentially bypass DRM, like a memory scanner), they will not sign it.

There's such a thing as kernel mode adblockers? What are those?

sbryzl
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that reroutes or blocks an ip address within the dns client would function as kernel mode adblocking, ie editing the hosts file.
mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
Anything that reroutes or blocks an ip address within the dns client would function as kernel mode adblocking, ie editing the hosts file.

Couldn't that be possible just by editing windows' firewall registry keys?

sbryzl
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah or you could go through group policy or the registry, there are probably other ways too. I think I used the wrong Latin abbreviation.
CyberD3m0n
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:
If it wasn't for all the bad press windows 10 got, everyone would be loving it. The mentality of the population is like sheep, you can guide them where you want if you know how to manipulate them. That is what happened with windows 10. People who are so dumb, they don't know how to turn on their computer are worried about Microsoft spying on them when they give their most intimate info to Google and Apple when they use their cellphones but its okay because nobody is talking about it.

Linux does have its place though, for servers because they're free and doesn't take a lot of resources which is essential because the servers sold are really shitty and crappy. They have no place for a personal computer though.

I agree people are dumb, posting all their intimate shit to Facebook and other fucktard sites. However, I disagree that companies like Masosoft or Apple should do - well - what they do. I agree with more and more Linux distributions. If MS wants to fuck off its honest customers, so be it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: