Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confusing gold encryption in a game...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popo84
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Confusing gold encryption in a game... Reply with quote

Hi, i just scanned a game and I did the 4bytes decrease value, until I found 1 remaining value. Which i think is the gold. gold was around 5000 ish and the value in 4bytes was 65522878, every time I opened up a chest ( which uses 300 gold ) , this value decreases by 4. if I open 3 chests, it would be, 65522878 - 4 = 65522874 - 4 = 65522870 - 6 = 65522864. from time to time, it's -4 then -4 then -4 then -6.
what I did was, add 8 to see if I could get 600 worth of gold, nothing.
I checked the box under Active, to lock the value and leave it unchanged, nothing.
Not sure how to handle this...any help would be appreciated, thanks!
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may not be gold. Do changed/unchanged to be sure. If you see that the value which you have right now is the only one remaining after changed/unchanged search then idk what to do. But if you find another value which when activated your gold doesn't decrease/increase then you can mess around with that and see what you can make out of it (I mostly search for a sub or add next to the instruction I get after pressing F5).
popo84
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did that, but I am left with too many values, at some point, it gets stuck at about 400+ values that even using the change/unchange just keeps it at that amount. Also, the gold is displayed in this format: if say I have 2000, it will show as 2,000.
I tried searching for float, I ended up with a value 1.433998001E34 -30 something, don't remember.
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the reply. I did that, but I am left with too many values, at some point, it gets stuck at about 400+ values that even using the change/unchange just keeps it at that amount.

Did you do everything possible in the game? for example if its a shooter game then what you can do is: spend some gold > search for unknown initial value > spend some more > changed > enter and exit a menu > unchanged > enter a mission > unchanged etc. (It helps if you have hotkeys set for un/changed searches).

Quote:
Also, the gold is displayed in this format: if say I have 2000, it will show as 2,000.

What do you mean? Isn't that how it works in all the games with a currency?

Quote:
I tried searching for float, I ended up with a value 1.433998001E34 -30 something, don't remember.

You should have changed the value type after adding the address to the table and see what value it is in 4 bytes or 2 bytes or double etc.
popo84
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, I got 3 values. 4bytes, which is a display value, since every time I edit that, it changes back...
other 2 values are a d or double and the other one is a S.
I added them to the table, changed it to 4bytes. Added few zeros at the end of each value, and nothing...doesn't seem to change, yet when I add or spend gold, these values changes...
Ecoste
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popo84 wrote:
alright, I got 3 values. 4bytes, which is a display value, since every time I edit that, it changes back...
other 2 values are a d or double and the other one is a S.
I added them to the table, changed it to 4bytes. Added few zeros at the end of each value, and nothing...doesn't seem to change, yet when I add or spend gold, these values changes...

You need to right-click the display value and see what writes to the address. Then you need to backtrack the assembly to see where it gets the actual gold value from.
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ecoste said

Ecoste wrote:
You need to right-click the display value and see what writes to the address. Then you need to backtrack the assembly to see where it gets the actual gold value from.

you can backtrace/backtrack but it may take sometime especially if you have never done it before.
popo84
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thanks for the reply again...could you please, give me the steps on how it's done? never done it before...

Ok update: I found the display value, then added it to the table, then right clicked and went to memory viewer. Then, tried to find the flashing red numbers. I found 3, added them to the list, edit them. Still goes back...
Ecoste
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popo84 wrote:
hi, thanks for the reply again...could you please, give me the steps on how it's done? never done it before...

Ok update: I found the display value, then added it to the table, then right clicked and went to memory viewer. Then, tried to find the flashing red numbers. I found 3, added them to the list, edit them. Still goes back...

I'm afraid there is no step-by-step on how to get this done. You need to know assembly and simply read through the instructions and the stack to figure out where the display value is being derived from.
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well basically here are a few basic steps to get you started with backtracing. First of all find the visual value and press f5 on it after adding it to the table, find out what accesses the address (if to much appears then close the window and press f6 and spend some gold (see what writes to the address)) then after you get a instruction in the small window press on it and then press "Show disassembler" and from there on right click the instruction and press on "find out what addresses this instruction accesses" and make sure that the only address which appears is the visual gold address and nothing else! After you have made sure its only gold then (example):

if you have a instruction lets say
Code:
mov [edi+00000AC3],ebx
you will want to look for a instruction above that one which has "ebx" in it so for example
Code:
mov ebx,[edx+04]
and then from this instruction you will have to look for a instruction which contains "[edx+04]" and if you don't find anything then you can go to the very top of the stack (a PUSH instruction) and then right click and press "break and trace instructions" and so on. Its a long process unless everything is in one spot then it shouldn't take that long.

Found this VIDEO which shows you how to backtrace (its to do with health but it doesn't matter (this video will show you the gist of backtracing! its not a step by step tutorial so don't start doing what he is doing and then saying that you didn't find the actually value for gold!)).
Creator of the video: h3x1c
popo84
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ntdll.RtlImageNtHeader+3E9 - add dword ptr [eax+04],-02

in 4bytes, this is what I found. I checked what wrote to that address and then view. Confusing cause it's an "add" there's no Mov or Xor.

btw, thanks a bunch for taking the time to reply with the steps, I have viewed that video before and didn't help much.

Untitled22.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.41 KB
 Viewed:  9749 Time(s)

Untitled22.jpg

rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try changing it to
Code:

add dword ptr [eax+04],02

or you can give me the name of the game and where to download it from and I will find gold for you.
popo84
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, thanks again for your quick replies...I did a little more searches for the value, and the for the visual value. I actually got this...I watched the video you recommended me, but the values/names are a bit different so it's quite confusing tbh. I would rather find how to do it myself, as I want to learn. Smile thanks again for the offer, although I would really appreciate your input and expertise on this. The highlighted line, is the address the money write to. How do I work from here?

Untizzz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  706.1 KB
 Viewed:  9475 Time(s)

Untizzz.jpg

rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instruction you have is
Code:
mov [esi],eax

you see above it there is the instruction
Code:
 mov eax,[ebx]

well from that instruction look at the instructions which come before it and see if you can find a instruction which has "[ebx]" in it, something like
Code:
movss [ebx],xmm2

or
Code:
mov [ebx],ecx

well any instruction which has "[ebx]" in it.

Also could you PM me the name of the game. I am not going to send you anything like a pointer for gold or anything like it, I just want to see what game you are trying to do this in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: