Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with a small problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spipperz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Need help with a small problem. Reply with quote

Hi so I'm new to cheat engine. Not in the sense that I just downloaded it for the first time but I've never used it for anything beyond just changing gold values or something. My problem is that I'm trying to mod sliders for a game. I know how to find them but the process is pretty slow. I just turn the slider to 1, search for an exact value of 1 in float then keep decreasing, searching for decreased value, decrease, repeat. While this method -does- work, it's pretty slow. There's maybe 60 sliders I have to get through and it's just monotonous. So my question is, all the addresses share the same characters up until the last 3. is there a way from me to just search by address and leave the last 3 blank? So in this case I would just search 7FF6AA855xxx where the x's are the characters I dont know and have cheat engine display all addresses that match that?

I -did- search the forums very lightly before asking and couldn't find my answer so here I am. Also, while we're on the subject, how do you indent values once you've gotten them? Like, I made a header for CPU sliders, how would I indent all the values below that header?

Thanks in advance!
kuntz
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

There is certainly a much better method to solve your problem and it's pretty easy to do too! Just find one of the memory addresses for any of the sliders, then right-click on the address and select "Browse this memory region" to open the Memory Viewer. Once it is open, you're mostly interested in the bottom-half portion of it, the actual memory. The address you originally right-clicked on should be in the top-left, but sometimes when you resize this window (or maximize it) the scrollbar will change and it'll move around on ya. Also, if you get lost in memory somehow and want to start all over again, just close the Memory Viewer window, right-click on the same address in the list, and just open it back up! In the Memory Viewer, right click somewhere in the middle and select Display Type -> Float (Ctrl-9). This will change how the memory is displayed to floating point numbers which will make it easier to see & modify them in memory. From here, scroll up a bit in the Memory Viewer to put your slider address near the middle. We want to see the memory that is above & below the original memory address. Then slide the sliders around in the game, and the memory that changes in the game will be highlighted in the Memory Viewer in Red for a short period of time (I think you can change the time to be longer in settings). Once you play around with the sliders a bit in the game and view the memory as it changes around, you should start to see some patterns emerge about how things are working. From there you can probably do quite a bit of guess-work and piece together some more things, and eventually you'll have a pretty good idea of everything that is happening. If you want to add a memory address from the Memory Viewer back in to the main CE window, just right-click on it and select "Add this address to the list".

Last edited by kuntz on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can define the Start and Stop addresses in the textboxes below the Scan Type.
7FF6AA855000 to 7FF6AA855FFF
Spipperz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your help! It's going much faster now. And could you tell me how to indent? Not a big deal just looks better than having a straight line. But I really appreciate the help!
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-click in the record list and select Create Header. Drag and drop records over top of it.
Then you can right-click the header and select Group config > Hide children when deactivated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: