Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help with Quake 3 Arena

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loveness
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Please Help with Quake 3 Arena Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm using Cheating Engine for a long time, but till the past week i only could change values of the health, ammo etc. or, most of all, i've used trainers for my games (Doom, Tomb Raider and so on). But when i met Worms W.M.D. new game, i didn't found any trainers for this game so I've put in my mind to make myself a trainer. It took about 3-4 days to read the tutorial, video helps from this forum and youtube and i can say by a miracle i did a trainer what makes my needs (infinite ingredients, infinite round time or set the round time to 0, freeze stage or round time to maximum, infinite jetpack time to fly). It was hard, but my work made results. All is ok, but when i turned to my favorite game Quake 3, even i can play good with nightmare difficulty, but i put in my mind to make a trainer and for this game. And if i know better how to code, i would never write here.

First of all, i want to thank everybody from this forum, for their posts that helped me and will help in future also and i will be glad if somebody will help me to this game to understand some things. I'm ready to give my Teamviewer and to thank if somebody help me till the success (even i can make donations to that person)

So, lets begin...

I've started Quake 3 Arena in a single player and Cheat Engine of course. So, I've started to find the address where i can change the value of it. After i've found it, i've accessed to find out what writes to this address (what access to this address not gave better results) and i saw the line mov [ebx+273xxx20],eax. Ok, i make auto assemble, using code injection and everything is ok! But when i restart the game code injection not works anymore! Ok, do you say to try AOB injection, means aobscan? Of course, i'm newer in programming, but this quake3.exe proccess dumb me! So, let me explain why, from my point of view, aob injection for me is impossible to do, maybe for others will be easy. So, first of all i've attached the screen with the health result:

Screenshot number 1 (in attach files)

So:

1. Everytime i restart the game, no matter how time, a part of address of health is changed, but another part not, in all cases. Let's see:

- Address to change value: 2737A674, after restarting 273 remains and 674 also, i. e 273xx674 is every address of health on every restart of the game
- Address to access line mov [ebx+273xxx20],eax everytime changes and also only the last digits, the first digits remains untouched
- Also the offset from [ebx+273xxx20] is changed everytime, but 273 and 20 (last 2 digits) remain untouched everytime.

Ok, do you say to make aobscan? I don't know why because:

If i whant to change the value of ammo of the machinegun, so again i meet the adress 273xxA98 for ammo.. And 273xxB45 for armor and is the same history as for health.

Look to this screenshot: number 2 (attach files)

I only what to mention that the offset 273xxx20 everywhere is the same, no matter for health or ammo and so on..but when i restart the game, the offset is changed.

So, can somebody explain me how to make scripts for this game to work every time i restart the game? I know i am noob on it, but please me help to make these script work on Quake 3.

Thank you very much.

I hope for a response.

2.png
 Description:
Number 2
 Filesize:  641.32 KB
 Viewed:  13482 Time(s)

2.png

1.png
 Description:
Number 1
 Filesize:  658.57 KB
 Viewed:  13482 Time(s)

1.png

Last edited by Loveness on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
kuntz
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Q3 uses a VM and it's own special bytecode to execute it's game logic, so keep that in mind when you are debugging. Also, the Q3 engine is both free and already set up as a full project to be easily compiled in one of the MS Visual Studio packages. I'd definitely suggest looking at the source code while hacking so you see exactly what is taking place as it will be a good learning experience for you.
Loveness
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuntz wrote:
FYI Q3 uses a VM and it's own special bytecode to execute it's game logic, so keep that in mind when you are debugging. Also, the Q3 engine is both free and already set up as a full project to be easily compiled in one of the MS Visual Studio packages. I'd definitely suggest looking at the source code while hacking so you see exactly what is taking place as it will be a good learning experience for you.

Thank you for your reply, but i'm not so experienced to modify open source of this game and is too difficult to me, even to compile it. I want only to make a trainer for my game and I want to make these scripts (health, ammo, armor and so on) to work every time I restart the game, because to make a trainer is easy for me, but scripts I don't know how to do it for this game.

I repeat again that i'll be glad if somebody will help me and I can make a donation to that person who will make these scripts for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: