Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoghts about selling a CE trainer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LastExceed
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Thoghts about selling a CE trainer? Reply with quote

I figured that some kids are willing to pay even for the dumpest shit, eg stuff that only requires writing to a single address (which could easily be found via normal scanning in 15 seconds) and I actually have requests of this type. so i thought why not make a little beer money?
I know that CE trainers can easily decompiled but someone who needs a trainer that changes ONLY ONE ADDRESS definitely lacks the ability to do that.
DB recently posted a sample for online authentification somewhere which would be very useful for selling.
I already found a thread that discusses the legal issues of selling hacks/bots so I know what I can do and what I better not do (eg no injections or actual file manipulation, or staying away from companies like Blizzard)
What are your thoughts about selling a CE trainer?

Also, I came up with another idea: I don't wanna waste too much time explaining what exactly it does but how about selling a trainer that isnt game specific but more like an aid to create your own stuff (just like CE itself)? It would be like a CEextension or sth. Would I still be at risk of getting sued?
kuntz
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many people who earn in excess of $10,000 per month doing whatever it is they do, and these people have very little time for games. They certainly do not have time to cheat. So to them, paying $5 (which is NOTHING) for a trainer makes sense.

If you can sell your trainers, do it, there's no reason not to. They certainly cost you money to make, so it's only reasonable you recoup some of that lost income via sales.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are already selling trainers. Why would a CE Trainer be any different?
If anything, the only difference is now DB can take legal actions against you too.
You'd be repackaging and profiting off of his software.
kuntz
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zanzer wrote:
People are already selling trainers. Why would a CE Trainer be any different?
If anything, the only difference is now DB can take legal actions against you too.
You'd be repackaging and profiting off of his software.

DB wouldn't do that & can't do that anyway. That's suggesting companies that sell painting software can prevent people selling the creative works they derive from using that painting software. IE: Every painter, every musician, every software programmer, every athlete that uses sports equipment... can be sued simply because they used a tool to create something new and profited from it.

LastExceed isn't selling CE, nor is he selling anything DB has created. He is selling something he created entirely himself, it just happens to be only usable by CE. But think about this: If I create an MP3 song, it can only be played by MP3 players. So does the song I created belong to me, or does it belong to MP3 players? Or does it belong to everyone who has created an MP3 player? The answer is that the song belongs to me, even though by itself it has no use (it can only be used on MP3 players created by other people).
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you save the trainer as "Gigantic" it is packaging CE's executable and DLLs.
That is proprietary software and, even as open source, could require specific licensing.
Not saying Dark Byte would ever care, but to relate this to paint is a bit inaccurate.
If you're talking about selling a CE table (not trainer), then I agree.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should i take a shit ? I figure everyone is doing it why not me?

Just go do whatever you want, what's the point of this stupid thread ? If you ask me, i am going to say NO because i think your trainers are going to be shitty and not worth beer money. Its obvious you don't have quality for your trainers in mind because your first sentence says "stuff that only requires writing to a single address "

DB can sue your ass because you're profiting off his software and yes, that is against most open source licenses. Just bother to read one before spouting gibberish, your analogy with painting software, music software doesn't make sense with CE. But he won't sue it, who gives a crap about some shitty trainers made by a kid who is unsure what he wants to do and needs to ask people for guidance.

Kinda makes me glad CH and mrantifun are making trainers, at least they spend some time on their trainers and don't sell "stuff that only requires writing to a single address".

What an idiotic thread, i want to rip peoples money but i want to do it in the way that requires the least effort. Should i do it ? I am afraid i will get sued but should i do it ? Wait, i have another idea...i can modify this FREE open source software a little bit and then sell it, should i do it ?

kuntz
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zanzer wrote:
If you're talking about selling a CE table (not trainer), then I agree.

Yes I thought this was in reference to a CT or script file. I was unaware that there was an option to pack everything into 1 file which would include DB's work.

If someone wanted to sell the packages I doubt DB would care, but even then the person should get DB's permission first just out of respect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: