Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big head mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Praise the Joint
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Big head mode Reply with quote

Anyone knows how to do this?

bighead.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  484.06 KB
 Viewed:  4355 Time(s)

bighead.jpg

cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several methods:

I have experienced two, there are probably many more.

First, the code actually has a btye you can toggle to give a big head because the developers added it for their own personal amusement. Find it, toggle it.

Second, the code loads different body parts/armor/equipment separately, I start by finding the coordinates x,y,x of the player, if the game does this there will be 100s of similar x,y,z when trying to find the player coords, one of these is for the head. Just as you would for finding your player coords, edit batches of 10, 50, 100, or w/e until you find the one that causes the player head to spawn off the the side instead of where it belongs. Figure out where the head coords are in the player structure, look nearby for a scale modifier (some float value). Modify it and now you can make big heads. If it isnt in the structure itself (because it was programmed that way) look in the actual function that reads it. If there are monsters with bigger heads than normal (odds are it is either a texture or a scale variable), if it is a scale variable you will be able to find it in the function call after finding the monster's head the same way you found your head.

I'm sure their are other ways for people who know drawing functions better (or at all), but these are the two ways I have personally seen it work. Take my advice as a butcher using a chainsaw because I can get end results without actually knowing much about the functions that cause the drawing.

If you ask in a modding forum, you will find additional approaches too. Those approaches may be easier if the game developers did not program an easy way to do this.
CosmoCortney
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do stuff like this by finding the players position/coordinates first. then I can guess where partial size modifiers could be found. Once the player's coordinates have been determined I search for 0x3F800000 at +/- 0x100000 of the position's addresses. I can't promise this to be working because every game works differently, but I could find head size modifiers in many Zelda, Sonic and Mario games using this method. You may occur more odd effects by doing this

SOUE01-027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.68 KB
 Viewed:  4241 Time(s)

SOUE01-027.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: