Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommend controllers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Recommend controllers Reply with quote

I am using a DS3, and still have a lot of spare DS3 left over. I considered changing to the DS4 due to the analog sticks becoming sticky with my thumbs. Is it worth it? What are you guys using? Is the steam controller better? Shame it isnt rechargeable.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Logitech F710 as well as 2 DS4's for my PS4 that work with my PC too.

Both work great, the F710 has an analog stick issue that is pretty well known but depending on what you are playing you will probably never run into it. The PS4 DS4 controller works flawlessly so far from what I've done with it. So overall either works fine. Just a matter of comfort and opinion at that point in terms of do you like the PlayStation controller layout/feel or the Xbox one more.

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, used to the sony layout. and after a few years of using the DS3 on pc, my brain has reworked itself to map sony's buttons to xbox buttons lol. i'm mostly peeved with how the analog sticks get sticky as they age, like a protective film on top is gone. no matter how hard i clean, with alcohol, soap etc....it still stays sticky.

p.s i heard the led on ds4 makes you an e-l33t pr0 g@m3rz. leds seems to be all the rage these days Laughing
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee you while you are gaming you will never notice the LED on the controller. It's more or less a pointless thing that just drains the controller battery faster. It serves little to no purpose other than telling you the controller is on / charging.
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, but will add my opinion.

If you're happy with what you've got, consider repair. You can get covers or entirely new thumbsticks from Amazon for a couple of ducats, possibly even including free Allen wrenches and free shipping. The sticks on the old 360 controllers were made of a fairly soft rubber compound, so I swapped mine out a couple times a year for a total cost of about $12/year.

I finally "upgraded" to a XBone controller, and it is indeed a higher quality pad. Unfortunately, Microsoft has been extraordinarily manipulative with regard to support for the pads. The only way to download the drivers is to set Windows to automatically download, install, and update drivers from the Internet, which is something I'm absolutely loathe to do; Windows update has many, many times proffered completely broken drivers for various devices I've owned in the past, and I don't care to share my hardware specs with Microsoft just to get a driver download. The audio port on the controller doesn't work under Win 7, the onboard firmware can't be updated under Win 7, the impulse triggers (secondary rumble motors) don't work for any game not purchased and run through the Windows 10 store, and games from incompetent developers that check for "360 gamepad for windows" instead of XInput controllers (many titles, sadly) don't work with the pad. The controller itself is wonderful, though: very high build quality, crisp shoulder buttons, great thumbsticks, decent overall feel, etc. I'm not sure it's a better choice than a wireless 360 pad, though. Especially if you're not running Win10.

ps: Steam Controller is garbage. It's like using joy2key or something all the time. Not a good setup. If you really need something beyond a conventional gamepad, consider a wireless keyboard/trackpad combo.

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never too late, much appreciated. i was actually considering the steam controller once valve decides to give a rechargeable option lol. was kinda curious what was so different about their "haptics" function than regular vibration.

i'm guessing the cause of sticky analog sticks are because of those rubber compounds.
Madman
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get those thumbstick 'lid' thingies. Can't say I've ever had that problem though, maybe stop playing while you eat Cheetos?

I wonder if Dark Byte is part cyborg yet. Fuck I missed my decade date.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: