Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trying to hack dos game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doskiba
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: trying to hack dos game Reply with quote

Hi all, I am trying to hack NHL95 pc dos game. What I am trying to do is make all player numbers on ice visible all the time in game. I found where in hockey.exe I should change 0 to 1 and game will start by showing all player numbers on ice. I can switch numbers on/off when game is on by pressing a tab from keyboard. Game reads that 1 from hockey.exe and this even works if I let game go to demo match (all player numbers are showing).

But if I start a new match, when the match starts, game changes 1 to 0 (in this case on address 073A6C5E) and only one player have visible number. Pressing a tab from keyboard will change numbers visible again and that 0 to 1. I am trying to figure out if I can change hockey.exe so that all player numbers on ice visible all the time in game.

I tried to find value from extra info window, but it gives me 60 addresses...

I tried to dig little deeper and here are some screenshots from my cheat engine. If someone could tell me if this "problem" is even possible to solve?

value.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.69 KB
 Viewed:  4371 Time(s)

value.png

cheat engine.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.67 KB

cheat engine.png

memory viewer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.18 KB

memory viewer.png

Extrainfo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.58 KB

Extrainfo.png

code.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.5 KB

code.png

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you just want the game to stop setting that address from 1 to 0 at the start of a game?

Find out what instruction writes to that address. Assuming that instruction doesn't also write to any other address, you can replace it with NOPs by right clicking it and selecting that option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: