Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COMPLETE CheatEngine Tutorial(with pictures) UPDATE JAN 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantsu
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CheatEngine Tutorial(with pictures) UPDATE JAN Reply with quote

Tutorial 6 seems to be an easy thing to do for a non-programmer like me but how do I modify if I get something like this:
Code:
movq [ebx+00000440],xmm0

seems different compared with the example because of the "xmm0"
I don't know what that means. simply changing movq to add and adding ",2" (for example) wouldn't work.
AsXurian
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Step 6 Problems Reply with quote

I hate to bump this thread when it hasn't seen action for months.

But I REALLY have to ask, What do I do on Step 6 when I get more than one address returned and they're all the same Value?

Every tutorial I've visited/watched/read all treated this step like you can only get one address returned. After I've done the 'Check what writes to this address' routine and I search the Hex Address I get at least 10 address on the return scan when everyone else seems to only get 1.

They're all the same value so I can't just pick the one that has the smallest number like the original tutorial mentions.

I also apologize if this has been covered already and I missed it, but I regrettably have a small amount of patience at this exact moment (I usually have more, but after two hours of wrestling with this obstacle I'm asking help with, I don't have any more).
bluscript
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+rep
pzaw
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Could you tweek the layout please Reply with quote

hi,

I like most am having trouble with tutorial 8.
but I find it very difficult to follow because my screen resolution just doesn't
fit the width of your tutorial and most of the text lines are far too long and
one or two graphics images are side by side making it very difficult to read
and navigate and try it with your own CE.

So could you please modify the layout so it becomes reader friendly?

regards
Pzaw
squall0833
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tutorial step 8

I'm pretty sure I did it before and working just fine, recently back to CE then redo the tutorial for fun, but then, I got problem now lol

Multi Pointers

I found the address of the value 01847868, and scan for what access this

got the mov [esi+18],eax,
esi = 01847850

scanned esi hex address , got the first pointer that is pointing to the address of the value

so I added the 01847850 I found, with the +18 offset, and yes it's pointing to the correct address of the value 01847868

next, I scan this pointer what access this, and selected find the pointer accesses to this pointer,

got 2 results,

cmp dword ptr[esi],00 esi=01847530
mov esi,[esi] esi = 01847850 = also the base address of the current value address (01847850+1Cool= 01847868

so how am I going to find the next pointer? Shocked it's reverse search lol

I'm noob at btw, only better at using pointer scanner which takes quite some time to scan
Jethro Tull
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Struggling from Multi Pointers Reply with quote

I am fluent up to this point. Unfortunately the video Stephen Chapman posted is good but seemingly the resolution lacks as one cannot follow clearly what he is explaining.Can you guys maybe do a more clear video

regards
dkriner
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Stuck on step six Reply with quote

It says it needs THE address with the value of 100. Is there a certain one it needs? How do I get it?
LoopyDeLoop
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squall0833 wrote:
Tutorial step 8

I'm pretty sure I did it before and working just fine, recently back to CE then redo the tutorial for fun, but then, I got problem now lol

Multi Pointers

I found the address of the value 01847868, and scan for what access this

got the mov [esi+18],eax,
esi = 01847850

scanned esi hex address , got the first pointer that is pointing to the address of the value

so I added the 01847850 I found, with the +18 offset, and yes it's pointing to the correct address of the value 01847868

next, I scan this pointer what access this, and selected find the pointer accesses to this pointer,

got 2 results,

cmp dword ptr[esi],00 esi=01847530
mov esi,[esi] esi = 01847850 = also the base address of the current value address (01847850+1Cool= 01847868

so how am I going to find the next pointer? Shocked it's reverse search lol

I'm noob at btw, only better at using pointer scanner which takes quite some time to scan

H,

Happens the same for me.
Using CE 6.5 on windows 7 64bit
layarion
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you update step 7 to explain why it's neccisary when you have step 6? because to me it's not very clear why i'm learning step 7
Senpai91
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

I was literally going crazy over the last step of the tutorial, thanks to OP I could finally do it, after trying for two days on my own.

My mistake was that I tried injecting 1337 420 code into the opcode that moves the float hp to the hp adress (ebx+4). And yeah, injecting it in the fsubr opcode was the solution, that and not forgetting to jump from the altered code to the exit label.

Thank you.
GLeaBBeR
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Step 9 problems Reply with quote

hi, i have a problem with step 9

when i Define new structure in Dissect Data/Structure with 4 player separated on 2 groups with -4 write, only see a Group Different in a pointer

and when i go to find fsubr with Dave only result movv i look for find any fsubr near movv result but don't see nothing

any suggestion for resolve my problems?

Thanks
Mark77
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Find last address accessed Reply with quote

Ok, all these tutorials are beautiful,
but I need to do something else...

Find the (very) last address accessed

Example.

You're playing your favorite sport or fighting game;
the COM kicks a penalty or hits you with a move.
Now you pause the game because you want to know which addresses in the code have been accessed...

Can Cheat Engine do this?

Rolling Eyes
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark77 wrote:

...very last address accessed by what? If you just mean by the processor itself, then don't bother even trying. The computer runs so many instructions per millisecond that it's virtually impossible for you to pause the process fast enough to get anything significant out of it.

Mark77
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Mark77 wrote:

...very last address accessed by what? If you just mean by the processor itself, then don't bother even trying. The computer runs so many instructions per millisecond that it's virtually impossible for you to pause the process fast enough to get anything significant out of it.

Laughing
Can it detect the last addresses...?
Yes or not?
Because I don't see any option to do it...

Then it would be nice if, for example, it could restrict the range to the addresses accessed in the last second...
but probably I'm asking too much. Smile
wittz0014
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome tutorial... However, for the last tutorial, im currently using cheat engine 6.5 (64 bit i think) to do it and the structure dissect does not work for me.... it does not give me an address which is group different, so i cant reuse the code when the game restart.
In addition, not sure if this is the prob for only me or not,the code injection part I have to go and search for subss instruction because all the instructions in the ops section show only movss instructions which mean you have to go and search for the line which does the subtract and write this code
cmp [],1
jne originalcode
addss xmm1,xmm0
movss xmm0,[Tutorial-x86_64.exe+23BC38]
jmp exit

while the whatever inside that [] is the address that distinct between the player group and computer group

Oh if anyone can help me find the address that distinct between the first and second groups I would really appreciate cus my cheat engine does not find show it for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: